NSB Recruitment Ltd
NSB Recruitment Ltd Bristol United Kingdom
1 month ago
NSB Recruitment currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to work for an award-winning company in the waste to energy sector.
As part of the engineering team, you will be responsible for the production of various mechanical design, analysis and safety related deliverables for a range of static and rotating equipment associated with pyrolysis and other waste management technologies. You will also be responsible for producing All work is to be delivered in a professional manner in accordance with the company procedures, to recognised international standards and best engineering practices, and in accordance with schedule and budget requirements.
Working as part of a small cross discipline team, this hands-on position involves full exposure to design, development, testing, commissioning and maintenance of operational units. Drive and enthusiasm to gain an in-depth knowledge of pyrolysis is essential, combined with attention to detail and a proactive and... methodical approach to problem solving.
• Production of detailed design calculations and analyses – mechanical, structural & thermal.
• Verification and validation of mechanical design calculations, simulations and technical notes produced by others as part of quality assurance.
• Input into product requirements capture and management, including validation and verification of requirements.
• Provide input to operating and maintenance manuals.
• Gain an in depth understanding of pyrolysis and of the designs of the units.
• Provide technical support to the business development team as required, including giving presentations to clients.
• Support the timely and quality delivery of the ‘off the shelf’ product range designs.
• Support the production of tender packages for suppliers to enable delivery of goods and services to the cost, schedule and quality as required by the project.
• Support technical evaluation of supplier tenders and detailed reviews of vendor deliverables.
• Appraising and interpreting client requirements to ensure that technical, legislative and commercial aspects are delivered on all projects.
• Appreciation of other engineering disciplines such as thermodynamics, electrical, instrumentation and control, piping, structural and process engineering.
• Participate in conceptual and detailed design reviews, HAZIDs, HAZOPs, FMEA’s and risk reviews.
• Ensure adherence to Environmental, Health and Safety, engineering and quality standards and procedures.
To be considered for this exciting Senior Mechanical Engineer role, you will need the following:
• Minimum BEng degree (2:1 degree or better) in Mechanical Engineering or similar with a demonstratable level of industrial experience in the design and development of mechanical systems. Chartered Engineer status is desirable.
• Minimum 10 years’ experience in mechanical engineering / design role or similar.
• Strong technical expertise with good breadth and depth covering materials selection, general mechanical and structural substantiation, thermal assessment, welded and bolted joints, as well as development of calculation / analysis methods and tools. Knowledge of MathCAD and Altair simulation software packages desirable.
• Demonstrable experience of the full engineering design process is desirable. Experience of New Product Introduction (NPI) processes is highly desirable.
• Design for manufacture mentality to deliver fit-for-purpose, high performance, reliable and maintainable mechanical design solutions.
• Experience and proven ability to use 3D CAD modelling software (preferably SolidWorks) and 2D CAD drafting.
• Experience of pyrolysis plant or other thermos-processing equipment is highly desirable.
• Hands on experience of maintaining mechanical equipment is desirable.
• Experience of CE marking a product is desirable.
• Good working knowledge of Health, Safety & Environmental legislation is desirable.
Why apply for this Senior Mechanical Engineer role:
You will be part of a team that wants to make a difference! Our client has an award winning/ fast-growing presence in small scale waste to energy with diverse projects that are environmentally sustainable, implementing resilient infrastructure that is effective & positive.
They are working towards ZERO landfill, dealing with waste at source and recovering economic and environmental value. Based in the UK but will ultimately have an international presence, with links to industry, academia and beyond. Giving you the opportunity to develop the role within an entrepreneurial & innovative team.
A small team of likeminded, driven professionals that are dedicated to the business goals.
In return the client can offer a salary up to £65,000 + Benefits, Flexible working, Challenging & diverse projects, Career growth, 25 days of holiday per year, Great learning, development opportunities, Bonus, Pension & Private Medical.
If this Senior Mechanical role is of interest, click apply below
Jobs in Bristol United Kingdom
Senior Mechanical Engineer Bristol jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.