Maine Medical Center
Maine Medical Center Portland OR United States
1 month ago
Certified Nurse Midwife...
Maine Medical Center
Maine Medical Center is seeking ExperiencedCertified Nurse Midwives to help support our busy, academic, inpatient obstetrical service under the supervision of covering obstetricians. This is a full-time position working on average, 36 hours per week, 7am-7pm.
The position will provide both clinical and care coordination for the obstetrical services. The CNM will provide care for obstetrical triage patients, postpartum inpatients, and occasional back up for obstetricians for the delivery of low-risk patients. The midwife will be an active participant in the teaching service, sharing their expertise in low risk antepartum, intrapartum and post-partum care.
The candidate is expected to have completed an accredited certified nurse midwifery program, and three or more years of nursing or CNM experience. A successful candidate will have excellent clinical skills and knowledge of low-risk pregnancy. They will also possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary environment within a busy obstetrical unit. They will value working with a diverse patient population, as well as educating both medical students and residents.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
• Education:BSN/MSN and successful completion of nurse midwifery program accredited by the ACNM.
• License/Certifications:Active State of Maine Nursing License for RN and APRN-CNM.; Certification by ACNM; Active DEA License; Current BLS certification.
• Experience:Minimum 3 years of professional nursing experience.
• Knowledge of nurse midwifery principles and techniques.
• Knowledge of methods ensuring safe working environment for patient, family and staff including using appropriate personal protection equipment.
• Skill in midwifery practice including appropriate prenatal education and support, coaching during pregnancy and delivery as well as postpartum care.
• Use of critical thinking to assess a situation, consider alternatives, and choose an appropriate course of action.
• Comfortable in fast paced, academic hospital based model of obstetrical care.
• Understanding of health care technology, equipment and supplies.
• Knowledge of chart/medical record documentation requirements and federal/state laws related to release of health care information. Ability to use Electronic Health Record.
• Skill in time management, problem solving, multitasking, prioritizing and medical care coordination.
• Ability to establish/maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, staff.
• Adaptable to meeting the needs of the obstetric patients of the Family Birth Center
Additional Information MaineHealth was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers in 2022 by ForbesMaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system whose vision is, "Working together so our communities are the healthiest in America." MaineHealth consists of nine local health systems, a comprehensive behavioral health care network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and 1,700 employed clinicians working together through the MaineHealth Medical Group. With approximately 22,000 care team members, MaineHealth provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire. Learn more about our system at mainehealth.orgAt MaineHealth, we offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our packages include health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you'll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the well-being of our communities and care team members. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Join us, and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to a new level.
Maine Medical Center is a Magnet designated 700-bed tertiary care and teaching institution. MMC is Maine's largest hospital and a state-wide health care resource. MMC offers outstanding career opportunities and quality of life in Portland
Portland OR USA
Jobs in Portland OR United States
Certified Nurse Midwife-OBGYN Inpatient Services Portland jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.