Hopper São Paulo State of São Paulo Brazil
1 month ago
About the job
Programmatic merchandising team at Hopper is working on improving the way a user can find purchases recently done and on suggestions and recommendations that might be relevant to complete users trips. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be building this flow focused on users experience, setting standards for code and performance.
You will participate in the product design process and contribute ideas from a product-focused engineering perspective. You will collaborate with a diverse group of people (Engineers, Designers, Product) to ensure the success of our award-winning product.
• Take ownership of the programmatic merchandising front-end and BFF codebase, you can unleash your creativity to build our product
• Be focused on delivering projects by removing obstacles as needed to ensure success
• Collaborate with teams across the company to achieve goals
• Build innovative consumer experiences, setting standards for code and performance
• Create... delightful user experiences in an app using Swift for iOS and Kotlin for Android
• Build app flows using internal frameworks based on Scala language
• Participate in architectural decisions that will help support our product as it scales
• Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
• Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
• Participate in the product design process and contribute ideas from a product-focused engineering perspective, it’s a collaborative process in which you’ll have a big impact on the product definition
An ideal candidate has:
• Thrived in mobile technologies and delivered delightful user experiences at scale
• Has full stack background
• Strong understanding of Swift or Kotlin
• Knowledge of Scala language or any framework for multi-platform applications from a single codebase
• Experience working with Github to ensure the high standard of quality and code health, provide feedback on improving the quality of code
• Ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
• Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Backend Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
• A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
• Preferably experience or willingness to work in a fast-growing startup environment
• Willing to develop Scala skills to be able to use Hopper Scala frameworks
• Full-stack background with languages such Scala
Perks of working with us:
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary, and stock options
• Unlimited PTO
• WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
• An entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
• Open communication with management and company leadership
• Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
More about Hopper
At Hopper, we are on a mission to become the world’s best — and most fun — place to book travel. By leveraging massive amounts of data, advanced machine learning algorithms, Hopper combines its world-class travel agency offering with proprietary fintech products to help customers spend less and travel better. Ranked the third largest online travel agency in North America, the app has been downloaded nearly 80 million times and continues to gain market share globally.
Here are just a few stats that demonstrate the company’s recent growth:
- Hopper sold around $4 billion in travel and travel fintech in 2022, up nearly 3X over 2021. In 2022, Hopper increased its revenue 2.5X year-over year.
- The company’s bespoke fintech products, such as Flight Disruption Guarantee and Price Freeze, now represent 30-40% of Hopper’s total app revenue.
- Given the success of its fintech products, Hopper launched a B2B initiative called Hopper Cloud in late 2021. Through this partnership program, any travel provider (airlines, hotels, banks, travel agencies, etc.) can integrate and seamlessly distribute Hopper’s fintech or travel inventory. As its first Hopper Cloud partnership,
- Hopper partnered with Capital One to co-develop Capital One Travel, a new travel portal designed specifically for cardholders.
- Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company four years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 80 million times and continues to have millions of new installs each month.
- Hopper has raised over $700 million USD of private capital and is backed by some of the largest institutional investors and banks in the world. Hopper is primed to continue its acceleration as the world’s fastest-growing mobile-first travel marketplace.
Come take off with us
São Paulo State of São Paulo Brazil
Jobs in São Paulo State of São Paulo Brazil
Senior Software Engineer, Mobile Full Stack São Paulo jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.