Woodlands Health (WH)
Woodlands Health (WH) Singapore Singapore
1 month ago
The Pathologists’ Assistant role involves macroscopic examination, description and dissection of tissue specimens, and submission of all necessary tissue for obtaining clinically significant pathologic diagnoses. The Pathologists’ Assistant supports pathologists and medical technologists in the total test process (pre-analytical, analytical and post-analytical) in Anatomic Pathology.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform grossing (macroscopic examination, description and sampling) of simple to complex tissue specimens, and photography of such tissue specimens and their associated microscopic slides, as necessary.
• Perform sampling of tissue specimens for other laboratory tests (e.g. microbiology, flow cytometry) that may aid in diagnosis.
• Perform sampling of fresh tissue specimens for tissue repository or research projects, under supervision.
• Perform sampling of tissue specimens for intra-operative diagnosis, under supervision.
• Obtain... information from medical history (including previous procedures, imaging studies, laboratory investigations, and toxicology) relevant to cases.
• Ensure that grossing of tissue specimens is performed in compliance with protocols, accreditation standards and regulatory requirements, and that recorded descriptions and measurements are accurate.
• Ensure that all material (slides, images, and clinical information) necessary for multidisciplinary meetings (including Tumour Board meetings) are provided to pathologists prior to meetings.
• Provide training, monitoring, and competency assessment of medical technologists, medical officers or residents in grossing.
• Participate in teaching of laboratory personnel.
• Perform specimen reception, order entry and other duties in laboratory, as assigned.
• Perform duties in a professional manner, commensurate with academic and technical skills and training.
• Adhere to laws, regulations, and hospital procedures and policies.
• Uphold the visions and practices of Woodlands Health.
• Fulfil continuing medical education requirements.
• Participate in quality improvement programmes.
• Perform any other duties as directed by the Laboratory Manager.
Multiple Work Location
Bachelor Degree, Master Degree
Medical Laboratory Technologist - Pathologists’ Assistant Singapore jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.