Micro Focus Melbourne VIC Australia
1 month ago
PS Delivery Consultant - Mainframe Modernization
Presales Delivery Consultant, Mainframe Modernization
Job Available Melbourne, Sydney or Canberra
Who we are:
Micro Focus is one of the world’s largest enterprise software providers, delivering the mission-critical software that keeps the digital world running. Our Mainframe modernization solutions across the 3 pillars of modernization – application, process and infrastructure – achieve unprecedented speed to market, competitive advantage, and operational efficiency.
About the Role:
Our AMC (Application Modernization and Connectivity) division is looking for a highly skilled Mainframe Modernization Presales Delivery Consultant who can provide technology consulting to external customers and internal project teams. Responsible for providing technical support and/or leadership in the creation and delivery of technology solutions designed to meet customers’ business needs and, consequently, for... understanding customers’ businesses. As trusted advisor create and maintain effective customer relationships so as to ensure customer satisfaction. Maintain knowledge of leading-edge technologies and industry/market domain knowledge. Actively contribute to the company’s AMC solution portfolio by providing information ranging from technical knowledge to methodologies based on experience gained from customer projects. Shape technical direction and technical strategies within the organization and for external customers. Accountable for consistent and significant chargeability levels (or expense relief for internal project teams) and for assisting in meeting or exceeding revenue and customer satisfaction goals. Contribute to organization’s profitability by generating and cultivating new business opportunities and by providing technical support for deal proposal development. Provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, sharing Customer Case Studies.
An aspect of the role may also include defining, developing & supporting the sales process for technology and solutions with account teams. Engages in account transactions based on technical expertise required in specific deals/programs leveraging specialized knowledge base across multiple accounts – specifically focused on moving Customers to the Cloud. Focuses on areas Mainframe and Cloud technical expertise – for Development, Testing and Production. Responsible for technical consulting work with customers in selling and supporting company products, services and systems, or software. Provides technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, sharing Customer Case Studies and be a customer technical “trusted advisor”.
The Mainframe Modernization Presales Delivery Consultant is responsible for:
• Responsible for delivery of assigned tasks within the delivery cycle of a project. Understands a number of the company's technologies in order to provide technical systems management support or deliver part of a detailed technical design which meets customer requirements. Tasks may include performing systems configurations, troubleshooting systems errors/problems, monitoring and/or testing systems performance, and contribute to the design of technical solutions for customer environments.
• Adapts solution design to new requirements.
• Options for Deployment – including Onsite, and Cloud.
• Help in establishing the validity of a solution and its components – current and options/target.
• Assists with requests for expertise from peers.
• Gathers and assesses customer needs, both business and technical.
• Identifies related needs (lead generation, opportunity expansion).
• Identifies site-specific parameters and constraints that impact the solution.
• Identifies required project steps.
• Identifies likely problem areas that require attention.
• Identifies probable competition and product roll-out data/training needs.
• Maintains excellent communications with customer management.
• Represents the company as a technical expert with customers, shares knowledge in area of expertise.
• Builds customer loyalty through being a trusted advisor.
• Partners effectively with others in the account to ensure problem resolution and customer satisfaction.
• Communicates and articulates the details of their component roles in a proposed customer solution.
• Acts professionally with the company customers.
• Actively supports the account team with solution advice, proposals, product demonstrations, presentations, and other customer communications.
• Works under supervision of technical lead and with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Works with minimal direction from the technical lead and with customer nominated representatives to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Provide input/suggestions for opportunities with Customer – creative and technical input and ideas
• Transfers knowledge to Presales peers via contributing participation in education programs.
• Analyze and provides support to deals in the pipeline where needed.
• Facilitates smooth transition from sales to implementation by orienting the appropriate teams
• Understands the roles and effectively engages other teams and resources within the company and partners.
• Participates in chosen technical community or profession, and regularly attends profession or community of interest events.
Education and Experience Required:
• Technical University or bachelor's degree preferred.
• Typically, 3-8 years’ experience in development and delivery including technical selling and/or consultative selling.
• Technical experience in mainframe technology and modernization is a must
Knowledge and Skills Required:
• Mainframe Experience / Knowledge – IBM z/OS
• Understanding and development experience of COBOL, JCL, VSAM, CICS, IMS DB, IMS DC, DB2, PL/I
• Cloud experience – usage for applications, development, and options available – certificates definite asset.
• Mainframe Software/Technologies – e.g., Scheduling, security
• Micro Focus AMC Enterprise/Mainframe Software experience
• Presales / Demo skills and experience
• Able to produce basic documentation to required standards
• Demonstrate Technical Knowledge and Presentation Skills to assist with the completion of specific deliverables
Good to Have:
• Knowledge of cloud platforms – AWS, Azure, Google
• Containers – Docker, Kubernetes
• Git/Version control/SCCM
• Pipelines – e.g., Jenkins
• Open-source platforms
• Native services in z/OS
Micro Focus is uniquely positioned to help customers maximize existing software investments and embrace innovation in a world of hybrid IT—from mainframe to mobile to cloud.
We are one of the largest pure-play software companies in the world, focused from the ground up on building, selling, and supporting software. This focus allows us to deliver on our mission to put customers at the center of innovation and deliver high-quality, enterprise-grade scalable software that our teams can be proud of. We help customers bridge the old and the new by maximizing the ROI on existing software investments and enabling innovation in the new hybrid model for enterprise IT.
Worldwide Code of Business Conduct and Ethics:
The Micro Focus Worldwide Code of Business Conduct and Ethics embody the fundamental principles that govern our ethical and legal obligations. They pertain not only to our conduct within the company but also to conduct involving our customers, channel partners, suppliers and competitors.
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO):
Micro Focus provides equal employment opportunity to any employee or applicant without regard to sex, gender, color, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, protected veteran status, uniformed service status, familial status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you’d like more information about your EEO right as an applicant under the law, please click here: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law - Supplement
Micro Focus is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need assistance in filling out the employment application or require a reasonable accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected]
Note: This option is reserved for applicants needing a reasonable accommodation related to a disability
Melbourne VIC Australia
Jobs in Melbourne VIC Australia
PS Delivery Consultant - Mainframe Modernization Melbourne VIC jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.