The University of Queensland
The University of Queensland Brisbane QLD Australia
1 month ago
• Full-time fixed term opportunity for 12 months
• HEW 6 role - $84,871.95 - $91,158.90 plus 17% superannuation
• Closing date - Tuesday 28 February 2023 at 11.00PM AEST (R-19136)
About This Opportunity
The Functional Systems Analyst - Enterprise Application Production Support contributes to the design, implements system configuration changes and undertakes production support activities within a large ERP system, as part of business as usual or project activities. The role contributes to continual system improvement through identifying inefficiencies and opportunities for improvement in processes and configuration. The position provides Tier 2 and 3 support to the University's user community.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Adopt and promote sound cyber security practices in compliance with UQ's Cyber Security Policy and according to cyber security procedures and standards developed by the University or Division
• Contribute to solution design, and undertake... solution configuration, implementation, testing and documentation to deliver features that meet customer requirements.
• Collaborate with team members and engage with the business to elicit requirements.
• Provide Tier 1 and 2 support for customer and system issues in line with agreed processes and service delivery expectations, ensuring timely resolution.
• Participate in continuous improvement activities within the team to ensure services are delivered more efficiently and provide support to stakeholders through appropriate Change Management activities
• Participate in the planning, design, management, execution and reporting of both manual and automated tests, while conforming to agreed process standards and industry specific regulations as adopted by the University.
• An employee may be required to carry out other duties within the scope of the classification and within the limits of their skill, competence and training
This role is subject to the University's Code of Conduct.
Why work for UQ?
• Be part of a UQ community that is dedicated to the UQ vision, mission and values, of Creativity, Excellence, Truth, Integrity, Courage, Respect and inclusivity
• Our core purpose is to deliver for the public good through excellence in education, research and engagement with our communities and partners: local, national, and global.
• UQ values equity, diversity and inclusion, and seeks to reflect the broader community by attracting and retaining high-quality staff from a range of backgrounds.
• UQ's innovations have made and continue to make genuinely life-changing advances.
What benefits do we offer?
• Unparalleled opportunities to learn and accelerate career development.
• A creative and collaborative team environment of leading academic and professional staff.
• 26 weeks of full pay for parental leave or 14 weeks of full pay for primary caregiver leave.
• In addition to 20 days per annum of annual/recreation leave (pro rata for part-time team members), you will also receive a leave loading of 17.5%.
• Unlimited access to University Learning resources and Libraries.
• Flexible work arrangements allow you to vary your work arrangements to provide greater flexibility to balance your personal and professional lives.
• A range of salary packaging options are available to you, including superannuation, portable electronic devices, professional association membership fees or subscriptions, bus travel, airport lounge membership etc
• Benefits program for personal leisure travel. Visit UQ's Personal Travel Benefits page to find out more.
• Access to physical and mental health support.
• A range of on-site services are available at our campuses. Depending on your work location, this may include on-site gym, pool, bookshop, childcare, health service, food outlets, bank, post office, etc.
• Superannuation of 17%. Find out more about superannuation at UQ.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent written communication skills, including the demonstrated ability to write clear and precise functional and technical specifications, you will have the following
• Qualifications and training equivalent to a bachelor's degree in IT, business or related field and subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
• Demonstrated ability to provide advice on specific and/or complex features and functions within ERP platform/s and other corporate systems.
• Experience implementing features via system configuration in accordance with agreed specification while maintaining the integrity of the system. Experience in participating in peer code reviews.
• Experience in managing and executing test cases and test scripts using technical analysis of both functional and non-functional specifications
• Strong interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse range of people to achieve outcomes.
• Demonstrated ability to perform research or liaise with more senior technical staff to resolve technical issues.
• Demonstrated commitment to delivery of outcomes, and a self-motivated, positive and enthusiastic approach to achieving goals through effective team and individual work.
• Ability to prioritise own workload, work independently and meet deadlines.
• Experience configuring solutions within Oracle PeopleSoft applications using Oracle PeopleTools.
What We Can Offer
This is a Full-time Fixed-term position for 12 months at HEW Level 6.
The full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range $84,871.95 - $91,158.90 plus super of up to 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range $99,300.18 - $106,655.91 per annum.
For further information about UQ's benefits, please visit Why Work at UQ and review The University of Queensland's Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2018-2021.
To discuss this role please contact Jay Taylor at [email protected]
For application queries, please contact [email protected] stating the job reference number in the subject line.
Want to Apply?
All applicants must supply the following documents for your application to be considered:
• Cover letter addressing the 'About You' section
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQ Careers portal by the job closing deadline or will not be accepted.
Please note that you will be asked to add all documents into the one upload box labelled 'resume', which is step one of the application form.
Work Rights: You must have unrestricted work rights in Australia for the duration of this appointment to apply. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
Background Checks: All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
At UQ we know that our greatest strengths come from our diverse mix of colleagues, this is reflected in our ongoing commitment to creating an environment focused on equity, diversity and inclusion. We ensure that we are always attracting, retaining and promoting colleagues who are representative of the diversity in our broader community, whether that be gender identity, LGBTQIA+, cultural and/or linguistic, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples, or people with a disability. Accessibility requirements and/or adjustments can be directed to [email protected]
If you are a current employee of the University, or hold an unpaid or affiliate appointment with the University, please login to your staff Workday account and visit the internal careers board to apply for this opportunity. Please do NOT apply via the external job board
Brisbane QLD Australia
Jobs in Brisbane QLD Australia
Functional Systems Analyst Brisbane QLD jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.