Keystone Project Recruitment
Keystone Project Recruitment Johannesburg South Africa
1 month ago
Production of Civil and Structural SmartPlant 3D model and generation of Approved for Construction Civil and Structural drawings utilizing MicroStation CADD software in accordance with company requirements.
Provides guidance and supervision to Civil Designers and Trainee Civil Designers as required.
May perform the function of Lead Civil Designer on projects, or Section Lead Civil Designer on large or complex projects.
• National Civil Diploma or equivalent.
• Intergraph SmartPlant 3D Structural modelling software package experience.
• Bentley MicroStation 3D CADD software package experience version 8 or later.
• 10 years minimum related industry experience in Civil and Structural draughting.
Knowledge, skills and experience:
• Technical Design Ability - Guides and coaches others to achieve a high standard in Civil and Structural draughting using company, client and industry standards and data in line with Project requirements.
•... Technical Expertise - Carries out draughting work to a high standard. Responsible for checking models and deliverables when the need arises and if requested. Has a sound knowledge over a broad range of civil engineering fields relevant to the project environment.
• Cross Discipline Project Team Interaction - Proactively works with other discipline designers/engineers.
• Understanding and meeting Schedule and Schedule dependencies - Accountable for deliverable
• Commercial Awareness and Customer Focus - demonstrates increasing customer (client) focus, be aware of and responsive to customer (client) needs without sacrificing the project and Corporate objectives.
• Ability to take action consistent with available facts, constraints and anticipated consequences.
• Interpretation of Engineering Requirements - Takes responsibility for quality of the interpretation. Initiates design solutions
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
• Technical Design Ability – Completes technical design work using relevant design methods, Client and Corporate standards and specifications and data in line with Project requirements.
• Produces final Smartplant 3D civil models for earthworks, piling, foundations, superstructure, underground services, paving and buildings in accordance with engineering design sketches as provided by the Civil Engineering group.
• Produces final Smartplant 3D structural models for pipe-racks and pipe support steelwork, equipment support and access structures, vertical vessel circular access platforms and buildings in accordance with engineering design sketches as provided by the Civil Engineering group.
• Produces final civil deliverable drawings i.e. earthworks, piling, foundations, superstructures, underground services, paving and buildings inclusive of reinforcement detailing and reinforcement bending schedules where applicable. Drawings to be produced utilizing design sketches as provided by Civil Engineering group and extracted views from the 3D model. All drawings to be produced in accordance with client, corporate and national standards, specifications and procedures as applicable.
• Produces final structural deliverable drawings i.e. pipe racks and pipe support steelwork, equipment support and access structures, vertical vessel circular access platforms and buildings. Drawings to be produced utilizing design sketches as provided by Civil Engineering group and extracted views from the 3D model. All drawings to be produced in accordance with client, corporate and national standards, specifications and procedures as applicable.
• Reviews civil and structural clash reports and resolve clashes for areas of responsibility.
• May fulfil function of Lead Designer on projects.
• Assumes role of civil and structural checker as and when the need arises.
• Receives engineering design information and instructions from Principal / Lead Civil Designer as applicable.
• Leases with respective Civil Engineer on engineering related issues.
• Leases with allocated Civil Checker.
• Leases with lead, senior designers and designers from Piping, Electrical, Instrumentation, Vessels and Mechanical group as necessary.
• Assist the HOD Civil Designer with training of junior staff as appropriate.
• Perform such duties as may reasonably be assigned by the HOD Civil Designer.
• HSSE & QA Responsibilities
• Carries out, or participates in, discipline (technical) audits on civil design draughting work carried out on projects.
• Provides positive and demonstrated leadership on HSSE & QA issues within area of operation.
• Reads, understands and implements the HSSE & QA policies, procedures and Beyond Zero programme.
• Promotes an enthusiastic HSSE & QA culture that delivers positive commitment to and engages all employees in continuous improvement in business performance.
• Monitors personnel under his/her area of control comply with their individual responsibilities to HSSE & QA matters.
• Demonstrates on-going commitment to all relevant QA requirements as published to the organizations Integrated Quality Management System.
• Participates in internal and external audits and responds with relevant corrective action.
• Demonstrates commitment in resolving HSSE & QA non-conformances
Johannesburg South Africa
Jobs in Johannesburg South Africa
Senior Civil Designer Johannesburg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.