Cox Enterprises Austell GA Georgia
1 month ago
Access Atlanta, an entertainment and things to do brand covering metro Atlanta, is seeking a multimedia photojournalist to join its team. Candidates must have sound news judgment and be able to produce storytelling video from everyday and project-level assignments.
The Access Atlanta team produces editorial content covering the thriving entertainment and music scene in Atlanta, along with... extensive coverage of everything to do in the metro, from late-night spots to restaurants to family-friendly neighborhood guides. In addition, we work with brand content partners to create custom content that aligns with our mission and audience. In addition to www.accessatlanta.com , we produce extensive content for TikTok, Instagram, Facebook and YouTube.
The photojournalist will be expected to shoot and or edit projects ranging from short 15-second clips for Instagram to 90-second reels, with some longer form projects as needed. The photojournalist will report and produce some projects entirely on their own and will partner with Access Atlanta reporters on others. All of our team shoots videos while on assignments, the photojournalist will assist them with editing and production on some assignments and join other team members to shoot more complicated ones.
Job duties & tasks
• Produce dynamic photography and video for a variety of topics including entertainment, things to do, and client projects
• Creatively adapt and generate ideas from broad, general assignments for best visual opportunity
• Work in the field and edit independently
• Conceive and execute visual projects
• Collaborate with staff to create digital content across all of our platforms
• Stay current on news, pop culture and emerging trends
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or photography or commensurate training
Years & Type of Experience:
• 6-10 years of multimedia, photography, videography experience or some combination of all preferred
• A combination of school media work, internships and professional work that add up to a demonstrated record of news experience and capability
• A compelling and varied portfolio that must include news shooting, storytelling video photography and a wide range of technically challenging video journalism.
• Experience is required shooting and editing photographs, captions and videos with a strong preference with experience from a media outlet or journalism organization
• Demonstrated deadline performance
• Fluent English required; proficiency in one or more additional languages a plus
Skills and abilities
• Solid news judgment and the photographic/multimedia skills to get the fastest and most compelling visuals a competitive market
• Able to approach assignments with creativity
• Excellent time-management skills - Able to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced news environment
• Highly creative, stickler for accuracy, attention to detail, excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong ability to connect with people across the role - story subjects, colleagues at work, readers and the public
• Knowledge of current photo and video editing software such as Photo Mechanic, Photoshop, Premiere Pro
• Excellent communication skills with a collaborative attitude
• Technical comfort to push visuals to content publishing platforms and social media quickly and accurately in breaking news situations. Able to quickly learn new technology/skills to meet developing needs
• Reliable internet access required to work remotely
• In-office work environment not available every day; some at-home officing or other remote work required
• Permanent residence in metro Atlanta required
• Valid driver's license
• Local travel required. Therefore, a successful candidate will need a reliable vehicle
• Other newsroom journalists, sources, public officials.
• Photography gear provided.
Cox empowers employees to build a better future and has been doing so for over 120 years. With exciting investments and innovations across transportation, communications, cleantech and healthcare, our family of businesses - which includes Cox Automotive and Cox Communications - is forging a better future for us all. Ready to make your mark? Join us today!
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page .
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes
Austell GA USA
Multimedia Journalist II Austell jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.