Lutheran World Federation
Lutheran World Federation Kakuma Kenya
1 month ago
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world.
A commitment to the human rights of every individual, regardless of their status, guides our work, actions, and operations. We are particularly known for our timely, compassionate, and professional humanitarian work, and for our field presence in hard-to-reach areas. Our work is people-centered and community- based. Above all, we work with the most vulnerable, and in order to claim and uphold their rights, we engage proactively with local government and community structures.
Our partners in Kenya, Somalia Program include: Lutheran Churches and their related agencies, The European Commission (ECHO), the US... Government (BPRM), WFP, UNICEF and UNHCR with whom we are key implementing partners.
Lutheran World Federation World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit a Kenyan national for the following position to be based in Kakuma.
Overall Purpose/Broad Function
Reporting to the Reception Assistant, Reception Centre Social Worker functions shall be responsible for conducting and overseeing vulnerability assessment, Psychosocial support, documentation, data collection, identification and referrals of vulnerable identified cases.
Key Duties And Responsibilities
• Receiving and facilitating of psychosocial assessment of the new arrivals at the Reception Center.
• Referral of identified vulnerable new arrivals to other partners/agencies for specialized support.
• Oversee distribution of non-food items and food to received new arrivals.
• Ensure proper utilization of resources at the reception centre.
• Carry out Focus group discussions and information sharing with new arrivals on services available in the camp.
• Enhance and promote coordination and cooperation with other partners in offering services to new arrivals.
• Compile and forward reports for the reception Centre to the supervisor, Sector head and LWF management on time.
• Manage incentive staffs, prepare timesheets and forward to Human Resource for verification and processing of payment.
At least a College Diploma/Professional Qualification field e.g. social work, psychology, counselling, or related field and at least two years practical working experience in community service.
Other Specific Skill Requirements
• Experience in working in the field of social work;
• Demonstrated experience and commitment to working with marginalized communities;
• Strong analytical, strategic thinking and planning skills;
• Strong monitoring and evaluation skills/experience;
• Good knowledge of MS word Office;
• Excellent oral and written English;
• Ability to work in environment of relief emergency operation;
• Ability to build effective partnership and collaborate with other team members.
A person of high integrity that will model LWF/WS Kenya Somali Program core values:
• Dignity and justice
• Compassion and commitment
• Respect for diversity
• Inclusion and participation
• Transparency and accountability
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Disclosure: The LWF participates in the Inter-Agency Misconduct Disclosure Scheme developed by the Steering Committee for Humanitarian Response, which requires LWF to conduct reference checks with prior employers including questions about employee misconduct. By proceeding with this job application, you consent to LWF requesting a Statement of Conduct from previous employers. This Statement of Conduct is requested from previous employers for all candidates for employment and provided to all employers that request it from LWF
Social Work Jobs in Kenya Kakuma jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.