Vertex Pharmaceuticals Boston MA United States
1 month ago
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is seeking a driven, enthusiastic, and self-motivated Research Scientist to join its Boston based Structural Biology and Biophysics team. This candidate will work as part of a team of scientists that play a critical role in producing recombinant proteins for structural and biochemical/biophysical studies in support of determining target mechanism of action... and ligand engagement. We are searching for an individual who is comfortable multi-tasking and working independently on various aspects across recombinant protein expression platforms.
The candidate’s primary responsibility will be to provide high quality protein reagents for use in downstream applications. You will achieve this using different expression systems including bacteria, insect cells, and mammalian cells to produce recombinant proteins for assays and structural biology. Your role will be focused on the protein expression platform from molecular biology through harvest. You will qualify and characterize your expressed protein using analytical chemistry techniques. There is potential to perform RNA-based and cell-free methodologies.
The successful candidate must have strong interpersonal skills, manage, and communicate the production queue and keep rigorous documentation recorded in your ELN. The candidate must be able to work independently, with strong attention to detail, completing assignments within defined time constraints.
• Expression of both soluble and integral membrane proteins in a variety of recombinant systems
• Transformation, transfection, or transduction of appropriate expression systems
• Maintenance of mammalian and insect cell lines
• Protein expression optimization, when needed
• Multi-tasking, experiment design, execution, and analysis
• Maintain clear records of experimental work and be able to organize, report and communicate their results
• Bachelors + 4 years, Masters and 2+ years of relevant employment experience or PhD in Biochemistry or Cell biology
• Experience in protein expression in multiple organisms (mammalian, insect, bacterial, etc.)
• Use of biochemical techniques (e.g., Western blot, SDS-PAGE, etc.)
• Protein purification experience including previous use of manual or automated chromatography system an asset
• Self-motivation, organization, effective communication, and presentation skills
• Comfortable working in a team environment
• Ability to navigate a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
• A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society
This job posting is for a temporary role with a third-party agency partner that provides services to Vertex. The individual selected for this role will be offered the role as an employee of that third-party agency; compensation, medical benefits, fringe benefits and other terms and conditions of employment shall be presented by the third-party agency upon offer. The range provided is a reasonable estimate for the pay range for this job at the time of posting. Some roles may also be eligible for overtime pay, in accordance with federal and state requirements. The actual pay rate will be based on a number of factors, including skills, competencies, experience, and other job-related factors permitted by law.
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that Vertex requires COVID-19 vaccination for all employees working in the U.S. as a condition of employment at Vertex, subject to medical, religious or other accommodations or exemptions required by law. We believe this requirement is vital to keeping everyone at Vertex and in our communities safe. This requirement applies to both existing and new employees who may at any time work on-site at a Vertex facility or visit another location on behalf of Vertex (e.g., conferences, customer visits, etc.), including all remote employees. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at [email protected]
Boston MA USA
Jobs in Boston MA United States
Research Scientist (Contract) Boston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.