GE Cheltenham United Kingdom
1 month ago
Job Description Summary
Align the flow of materials (from suppliers to the customer) in accordance with the production schedules. Plan the shop operations based on known constraints and partner with leadership to ensure strong execution. The role includes opportunities to drive continuous improvement as well as a high level of focus on execution of material delivery and planning activities within our standard operating discipline.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Own Conversion of Master Production Schedule / Material Requirements Plan, into an achievable production plan at all levels of the Bill of Material (BOM), including spares, and required upgrades.
• Understand shop capacity and constraints. Drive the team to proactively work capacity constraints preventing us satisfying the customer.
• Feedback capacity changes to central planning and support any long range planning needs.
• Co-ordinate cross functional teams in the maintenance of critical data for planning... purposes (lead time, yield, attrition, min max levels etc).
• Partner with the Value Stream Leader and the cross functional team to drive accountability to execute the plan.
• Create and co-ordinate the execution of a credible Inventory plan that drives significant turns improvements for assigned Value Stream with personal accountability for Aged WIP and MRB.
• Empower & develop team to take accountability of the plan and drive improvements to their daily processes and standard work (WIP Management, WO Releases).
• Measure, communicate & drive adherence to the production plan.
• Manage & drive systemic improvements in material control processes and systems.
• Own the MRB and Aged WIP processes for the Value Stream and drive accountability across the wider team.
• Drive improved material presentation to the shop floor utilising Lean Principles.
• Work collaboratively with the Material Health Lead and sourcing team to improve the material supply clarity and performance to support production.
• Own the execution and embodiment of engineering changes to the shop floor.
• Work on cross-functional projects/teams to deliver process improvement & simplification solutions for the team & business.
• Balance a range of critical measures (customer OTD, inventory, direct labour productivity, scrap) to drive the right outcomes for the customer and the business.
• Partner with Digital Technology (DT) team on system and process enhancements.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma /GED) with experience in Manufacturing, Materials Planning and Execution or equivalent knowledge and experience.
• Solid experience of Supply Chain / Materials Planning
• Strong understanding of ERP transactions and business impact.
• Strong understanding of Material & Process control.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
• Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
• Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
• Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
• Effective problem identification and solution skills.
• Proven analytical and organizational ability.
• Demonstrates strong accountability and resilience
• APICS CPIM Certification (Opportunity to gain qualification once in role).
• Previous experience in Oracle ERP
• People management experience
Additional Job Description
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Jobs in Cheltenham United Kingdom
Materials Leader Cheltenham jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.