Life Without Barriers (National)
Life Without Barriers (National) Perth WA Australia
1 month ago
About the Organisation
Empowering people with disability to live life the way they choose is at the heart of how Life Without Barriers has operated for over 25 years. This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and continue this mission. Support people with disability to have the choice, control, and independence to live their best life. If you’re passionate about inclusivity, respect, and making a meaningful difference, this is the career move for you.
Life Without Barriers is a leading social purpose organisation of 8,000 employees working in more than 500 communities across Australia. We support children, young people and families, people with disability, older people and people with mental illness. We work with people who are homeless and refugees and asylum seekers. Join a community of people dedicated to breaking down barriers.
We want to employ people who reflect the diversity of our clients to ensure we can support each client's individual needs and wants. We encourage... people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background and people with disability to apply
About the role
This is an opportunity for you to make a positive change and work with People with a Disability to increase Work ready skills and best prepare for their Employment goals. Working directly with the participants you will implement the Participants Employment Pathways Plan. This will involve actively supporting their capacity building and work readiness skills in areas such as transport training, money management and more. These are flexible casual roles working across Monday to Friday, in a variety of environments including schools, community centres, libraries, or wherever our Participants choose to develop their work readiness skills to achieve their employment aspirations. These roles will suit support workers with a specific interest in being imaginative and proactive in removing the barriers facing people with disability in gaining employment.
• Provide person-centred support to Participants in line with their support needs, preferences, individual Employment Pathways Plans and funding.
• Actively support the Participant to Increase work readiness through capacity building, skill acquisition, work experience and supported decision making
• Work as part of a team to provide good service
Skills & Experience
• Valid unrestricted Australian drivers’ licence or ability to travel to client and community locations where required
• Valid First Aid Certificate as per NDIS requirements
• Compliance with NDIS requirements for Disability Support Workers.
• Ability, willingness to, and (where possible) experience in, supporting and promoting the individual needs, skills, abilities, and personal and Employment goals of people with disabilities.
Successful candidates will be required to clear probity checks including National Criminal History Record Check and Working with Children Check (where relevant to the role).
To be considered for and appointed to a position at Life Without Barriers, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or hold a valid medical exemption certificate. You will be required to provide evidence of your vaccination status during the recruitment process.
• Opportunity to work for one of Australia’s largest social purpose organisations
• Make a difference in your community
• Join an inclusive organisation where everyone is encouraged to be themselves
How to Apply
Include your resume and covering letter in one document, click ‘Apply’ and follow the prompts. For any enquiries including persons with disability that require adjustments, contact [email protected], using the subject line: Disability Support Worker (Employment Supports) - Perth enquiry via EthicalJobs.
We are dedicated to playing our part to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and bring continuity of care and support to our clients. With this in mind, if you are successful, we will discuss with you an alternative to a face to face interview.
Life Without Barriers supports the Royal Commission into violence, abuse, neglect and exploitation of people with disability. We believe people with disability need to be heard and for these experiences to influence how support services like ours are delivered. View our statement here https://bit.ly/2GzZGWA
Perth WA Australia
Disability Support Worker (Employment Supports) - Perth Perth WA jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.