Backman Vidcom Halifax Canada
1 month ago
Backman Vidcom, headquartered in Halifax, is the established market leader for commercial audiovisual integration sales & services.
Do you have a natural aptitude for technology?
Do you enjoy the challenge of solving problems and developing solutions to support your clients’ business needs?
Do you love learning about the latest technology and figuring out ways for people to use it to improve their workflow?
Do you want to work with a team that strives to be the best at what they do?
If you have answered "yes" to these questions, please read on for more information about an exciting opportunity at Backman Vidcom.
About the Role:
With a position at Backman Vidcom, you join an experienced team that provides cutting-edge solutions for world-class audiovisual projects. Backman Vidcom is made up of passionate, super-smart, energetic people, who will challenge and inspire you every day. We are looking for a Sales Engineer to work with our team in Halifax to design solutions for... clients from across the country.
At Backman Vidcom, we treat every team member like a client and we always strive to support our clients in the best way possible. You will report directly to the Vice President of Technology and you will be supported by the VP of Technology, our sales team, our sales administrative assistant and our dedicated CAD technician. In this role you will be helping the sales team by engineering systems, creating and reviewing proposals, evaluating technologies and proposing solutions for our clients. Our installation team relies on you to provide accurate and thoroughly thought-out solutions. Your primary focus is integrated system sales for various markets but additional sales engineering responsibilities may also include design consulting and service contracts.
We want to help you develop your knowledge and experience. This role requires you to always be learning about not only technology but also how people use it. You will participate in manufacturer and industry training on a regular basis as you learn to develop complex solutions built around hardware and software from the hundreds of manufacturers to which we have access. You will have opportunities to attend industry conferences like Infocomm for in-person training and to network with your peers.
You are a technical person with a passion for technology and people with a proven track record of success. What does "success" mean? It means you know how to quickly network to build meaningful and lasting relationships with clients, potential clients, industry influencers and your co-workers. You rise to the challenge of your goals seeking ways to exceed them, excited about the earning possibilities. You are able to demonstrate or explain product functionality to clients and have a working knowledge of audiovisual equipment options. You possess great communication skills. You understand that communication requires exceptional listening skills, so exhibiting this characteristic is a high priority. You are entrepreneurial minded and enjoy working on your own.
You always listen first to understand the client’s needs so you can propose a well through-out solution. You work with your peers to craft unique designs that simplify complex tasks. You lead the conversation in demonstrating the proposed solution to the client and enjoy the satisfaction of winning the job and seeing the end results.
This is a challenging yet extremely rewarding position. If you are 1) looking for a fun and lucrative career, 2) want a team that supports you and 3) want to be the best, apply now!
• Support the sales team by providing technical system design and sales engineering services for complex audiovisual systems including:
• Assisting with pricing and proposal creation.
• Generating equipment bill of materials, labor estimates, scopes of work, and cost estimates.
• Developing project schedules.
• Proactively participating in the selling efforts of Backman Vidcom.
• Attend site visits and client meetings to assess client needs and discuss potential or proposed solutions.
• Perform in-person and remote demonstrations of technologies and systems for clients
• Work closely with the sales team to:
• Positively represent Backman Vidcom at all times.
• Visit and support clients as directed.
• Coordinate with the Backman Vidcom Operations team as required.
• Research, discover, price, and validate technical solutions.
• Work closely with clients, the sales team, and project managers.
• Provide the required monthly reports as well as sales/quotes/forecast reports.
• Attend sales meetings as required.
• Track efforts and customer communications through Backman Vidcom's CRM system
• Nurture and support strategic relationships with Backman Vidcom's technology partners.
• Assist in the coordination, setup and planning of marketing events, demos, open houses, and off-site sales promotional events as necessary.
• Demonstrate product and system capabilities to all levels of clients, including one-on-one situations as well as representing the company at trade and industry shows and events.
• Perform other activities and responsibilities as directed by the immediate manager.
• Be on the lookout for new technology that can profitably deliver
• Stay engaged in industry and business trends especially how they relate to the audiovisual and technology service markets
• Review performance of every project you have participated in taking corrective actions where appropriate, highlight potential risks and obstacles, then solve the issue
• Develop relationships with end users.
• Develop relationships with consultants and influencers to ensure we are aware of upcoming projects.
• Stay involved with projects as the sales engineer to help optimize profits and relationships. This will facilitate projects to come in at or better than budget. Work with the team as needed to optimize profit.
• Visit job sites for on-going projects to review design impacts on the installation team and assess quality of hardware and workmanship.
Qualifications / Skills & Abilities:
We are looking for a friendly, open and confident individual who is comfortable speaking in front of groups of people. Ideally you would have the following skills:
• CTS designation preferred
• Existing knowledge about audiovisual systems, networking and related technologies would be an asset.
• An excellent level of attention to detail
• The ability to break down complex concepts in to simple explanations
• Ability to generate comprehensive scopes of work, complete bill of materials and accurate quotations.
• Must possess strong communication skills; both written and oral.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook programs. Experience with AutoCAD or Visio preferred.
• Ability to comprehend and relay technical specifications.
• Ability to speak intelligently on technology, conceive solutions and provide limited pre-design specifications for customers.
• Professional presentation skills preferred.
• Knowledge of construction process.
• Experience in AV / security / videoconferencing / IT / Network sales support preferred
• Understanding of technology trends and solutions.
• Strong organizational skills, including project management, follow up and timeliness.
• Team player, collaborative and respectful of colleagues and company resources
• Enjoy working in a fast-paced, creative environment
Audiovisual Solutions Sales Engineer Halifax jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.