Careerplus Vaduz Liechtenstein
1 month ago
wefox is the world’s leading Insurtech that is reinventing insurance at scale, with a record-breaking Series C funding in 2021 and our Series D funding in 2022 wefox has raised over $1 billion US Dollar. wefox is on track to revolutionise the insurance industry by empowering the customer and delivering personalised experiences driven by data.
Our vision is to make insurance simple and 10x better. We provide our customers with 360-degree advice through our network of advisors and optimise each individual's risk coverage through innovative prevention, assistance and insurance products.
The newly created role will be part of a currently being established group-wide internal audit function. The (Senior) Audit Manager (f/m/d) will support the Group Head of Internal Audit in establishing a strategic risk-based internal audit plan and managing the internal audit function in accordance with internal regulation and the professional standards for internal auditing promulgated by the Institute... of Internal Auditors. Through planning and managing audit activities and support coordination of the Group Internal Audit team, responsibilities include providing reasonable assurance on the effectiveness of the organization’s risk management and strengthening internal controls. The position assesses organization-wide compliance with internal policies and procedures, laws and applicable regulatory requirements, efficiency of operations and financial reporting. The (Senior) Audit Manager (f/m/d) reports directly to the Group Head of Internal Audit.
In this role you will :
• Support the Group Head of Internal Audit in establishing internal audit processes and standards and overseeing all internal audit activities of the Group and its subsidiaries
• Assist in developing, implementing, managing and coordination of a risk-based internal audit plan as well as support in managing proper resourcing to successfully achieve the plan, and adjustments of the plan as needed in response to changes in wefox’s risk profile
• Plan, design and execute on audit activities within the audit product landscape, including testing activities, to evaluate the organization, identify key risks related to risk management, internal controls or compliance law, regulations or internal policies, financial reporting and emerging risks
• Provide feedback and recommendations on business risks and improve operational efficiencies and processes where appropriate
• Interact with business stakeholders to reach an agreement on final audit reports, on corrective actions and delivering the final output
• Guide junior colleagues in execution of audit activities and coordinate with external co-sources to meet internal budget, time and quality expectation and required standards
• Prepare audit reports to the Audit Committee and Senior Management to highlight key audit issues and ensure follow up of findings and actions with the respective management teams
• Provide technical assistance with investigations, special audits, and provide subject-matter expertise as needed
• Maintain current knowledge on audit and Swiss/EIOPA/global regulatory oversight trends, especially around technology and insurance companies
• Support in the preparation of Audit Committee and related materials and Internal Audit Status Reporting at the relevant committees
What you bring :
• 5 to 10+ years of internal or external audit work experience within the insurance industry or financial services organisations with a focus on core business processes such as finance, accounting, claims, underwriting, distribution, broker management
• A Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Graduate degree is a plus
• Professional certifications such as CPA, CIA, CISA or relevant equivalent required
• Experience in applying Data Analytics / Data Science considerations to audit approach and activities
• Strong knowledge of internal audit methodologies, audit projects management, risks and controls
• Ability to effectively communicate with Management on all levels
• Comprehensive understanding of COSO and Solvency II frameworks
• Advanced knowledge of Swiss and Liechtenstein law and regulations (FINMA and FMA) required. Understanding of further European insurance regulators, such as Bafin, are highly desirable
• Strong knowledge of insurance industry trends, regulations and business processes
• Doer and make possible mentality with high adaptation to new ways of doing insurance
• Strong English and German written and verbal communication skills; French, Spanish or Italian is an advantage
Primary contract location is Berlin, Zurich, Vaduz or Barcelona. Please apply with your CV in English.
What we offer:
Now, we’ve gotten to the fun part, the part where you get to brag about your company, those perks your friends are so jealous of!
Here are some of them*:
• Flexible working hours including hybrid working
• Free access to a mental health and well-being platform to access to personalised care, such as 1:1 coaching and therapy sessions for life’s ups and downs — whether at work, at home, or in your relationships
• A stack of the latest technologies and working gadgets
• Training and Coaching opportunities
• Free coffee, fruit and snacks, because we need fuel!
If you love a less-formal work environment, flexible paid time off, a great compensation package and benefits offering - and most of all, being the authentic you, get in touch, we want to meet you!
To all the misunderstood geniuses, rebels and mavericks looking to change the world for the better. Come work with us!
• Additional Benefits vary between countries and can be explained in more detail by a TA Partner.
Your contact person for this role is Thomas Jannasch.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.