Barr Engineering - FEED
Barr Engineering - FEED Minneapolis MN United States
1 month ago
Barr is seeking an entry-level engineer to undertake challenging work on projects related to civil engineering, hydraulic and hydrologic analysis, and related technical activities. Assignments may include stormwater planning and hydrologic runoff analysis, including hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, open channel and pipe flow design, and water control and stormwater treatment structure design. Field assignments may include construction observation, surveying, collecting hydrologic or water-quality measurements, and materials testing. Responsibilities may also involve completing plans and specifications, working with permitting agencies and public officials, GIS and CADD work, report writing, and spreadsheet development. The work may involve short-term, out-of-town assignments.
• Bachelor's degree in civil or environmental engineering or a related engineering degree with an emphasis on water resources
• Familiarity with one or more of the following: hydrologic and hydraulic analysis, open channel and pipe flow, lake and stream water-quality issues, and earthwork and grading plans
• Strong computer skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets, and exposure to hydrologic and hydraulic computer modeling, GIS, and CADD software
• Flexible working style and willingness to occasionally modify personal schedule as required to meet deadlines and/or client needs
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a part of a project team
• Demonstrated written and oral presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship
• Acceptable driving record
• Master's degree in civil or environmental engineering
• Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certified or ability to obtain certification within one year
• Hydrologic and hydraulic modeling experience
• Strong technical skills in a wide range of civil engineering topics
• Excellent writing skills
• Knowledge of and experience with flood hazard modeling and mapping
• Project design experience (e.g., stormwater management facility design, site and roadway design) including preparation of plans and specifications
• Demonstrated experience with GIS, CADD, or other relevant programs
• Project or task management experience
A hybrid work arrangement may be considered for this position. A hybrid work arrangement refers to splitting time worked between a Barr office and a home office. This position is based out of Barr's Minneapolis, Minnesota, office.
NOTE: Some work locations may feature rough terrain typical of construction sites and may also require entering and working in facilities that include limited accessibility, moving machinery, and other conditions typical of industrial facilities. Job assignments may involve work on waste disposal sites and sites requiring cleanup of hazardous materials. An OSHA-mandated physical exam may be required. Safety training will be provided. Applicants may be asked to participate in a drug screening program at the request of specific clients.
Minneapolis MN USA
Jobs in Minneapolis MN United States
Water Resource Engineer - Entry Level (Hybrid) Minneapolis jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.