St Barbara Limited
St Barbara Limited Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea
2 months ago
Reporting to the Foreman, The Auto Electrician will carry out repairs, modifications and servicing of both Light Vehicles and Heavy Mining Equipment, providing auto electrical, air conditioning and mechanical services both in the field and in the workshop.
This is an exciting time to join Simberi & St Barbara as we embark on our “Building Brilliance” journey to transform the business and deliver sustainable value.
This is a FIFO position; the roster is a 15/13 roster. Point of Hire is restricted to Kavieng/Rabaul/Port Moresby/Lae/Mt Hagen or Tabar group of Islands. (Locals are encouraged to apply)
• Providing auto electrical, air conditioning and mechanical repair services to light vehicles and heavy mining equipment.
• Maintaining high safety and housekeeping standards in maintenance workshop and in the field.
• Having adequate experience with Caterpillar and Hitachi equipment and systems
• Providing timely communication of any unsafe condition... or accident/injury to the supervisor for prompt correction and reporting.
• Ensuring timely completion of timesheets and general paperwork, when necessary.
• Carrying out other operational tasks as required.
• Ensuring any undesired events, unsafe practices or near misses are recorded and reported to comply with established OH&S policies and practices
• Participating in training provided by the business and passing on knowledge to their employees in the course of your work.
• Complying with established environmentally sustainable measures so as to not adversely impact on the natural fauna, flora, freshwater resources, and marine life within the bounds of Simberi Island.
Qualifications, Skills And Experience Required
• Behaviour consistent with St Barbara’s Values
• Trade qualification
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in maintaining machinery
• Welding experience and qualifications.
• Trade background – preferably fitter and turner/machinist
• Forklift Licence and Drivers Licence
• Electrical Disconnect / Reconnect licence is desirable
• Understand relevant engineering standards and associated procedures
• Pneumatics and hydraulics experience
• Familiar with pumps, gearboxes, valves, hydraulics and hoses.
• At least 3-5 years’ experience
• Relevant qualifications in the maintenance field
• Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively manage time
• A continuous improvement approach to all tasks.
• Developing initiative and problem-solving skills
• Field experience
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a dynamic and motivated team of industry professionals with considerable experience in the demands and practices of the mining industry.
Simberi Gold Company Ltd offers a competitive remuneration package, commensurate with experience.
Short-listing for this position commences immediately and we do reserve the right to commence processing applications prior to the nominated close off date.
Closing date: Friday 13th January 2023 at close of business.
Click on link below to send through your applications CVs and supporting documents via Live Hire.
St Barbara is an Equal Opportunity Employer and in 2016, 2015 and 2014 was recognised as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency (WGEA). St Barbara is the only mining company in Australia to receive this citation for three consecutive years. Recognition for St Barbara's commitment and achievement in eliminating the gender pay equity gap has also been recognised nationally through industry awards.
For further information on St Barbara and to apply for this role, please visit www.stbarbara.com.au
Papua New Guinea
Jobs in Papua New Guinea Papua New Guinea
Auto Electrician Papua New Guinea jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.