Boody Sydney NSW Australia
1 month ago
We are looking for a Senior Merchandise Planner with 8+ years of experience in apparel retail planning, to create and implement Boody’s global Merchandise Planning function - including the establishment of basic foundations and any relevant infrastructure. The Senior Merchandise Planner will be accountable for driving the ongoing development and management of this new division of the business.
Boody is Australia's first B Corp certified underwear brand, loved globally and sold in over 15 countries.
Recognised in the top 5% of B-Corps globally and endorsed by Dr Jane Goodall, we're helping people reduce their negative impact on the planet, from the bottom up. But beyond our sustainable credentials, we’re loved by customers worldwide because we make incredibly comfortable underwear. It is this relentless and sustainable pursuit of comfort that drives everything we do. And we’ll stop at nothing. We’ve received over 56,000 5 star ratings by our customers globally.
What's... more, buying from us is easy… on your time, on your wallet and on the planet. Boody can be found in over 4,000 independent retailers worldwide as well as online and on leading global marketplaces. Our customers are everything to us, and we’ll stop at nothing to champion them and their experience with our brand.
From humble beginnings in Sydney in 2013, we're now well on our way to becoming a household name in Australia and ready to do the same on the global stage. Our ambition? To become the most loved sustainable underwear brand on the planet.
For more about our brand, culture, and story listen to our co-MD's on the Add to Cart podcast here.
About the Role:
You are commercially minded, responsible for setting the overall global merchandise planning model and KPIs, to ensure that OTB, Sales Budget, Closing Stock Targets and Stock Turn Targets are met. You will also be accountable for recommendations and actions in cases these KPIs are not met.
• Drive internal range meetings with the Product Lead and Lead Designer to review current and past sales results and range mix analysis. Armed with this information, you will create the guardrails around new product decisions as well as identify opportunities to increase sales within current products.
• Maintaining target margin for B2B & D2C through forecasting any margin impacts such as promotional activity and/or account requests for additional discounts or margin points. Understanding and considering any FX changes. Ensuring product mix for range selection is in line with target COGS.
• Effectively managing core vs fringe SKUs, including driving the strategy and continuous maintenance of SKU classification.
• Effectively identifying obsolete SKUs, and providing recommendations and actions for Boody’s Product Exit Strategy.
• Closely monitoring new product performance to ensure levels are adjusted based on actual performance.
• Continual housekeeping of global D2C and B2B stock allocations, to ensure each team has optimal inventory prioritised for sales.
• Key accountability for approving requests and stock allocations and transfers from relevant stakeholders.
• Weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual sales tracking.
• * Build out best-in-class reporting infrastructure for the global business, including a merchandise plan, OTB and other internal planning processes and tools.
• Stay up to date on industry trends and best practices in reporting and analytics, and continuously look for ways to improve and optimise reporting processes.
OTB Management & Replenishment
• Monthly re-forecasting of internal sales budgets by channel (global B2B and D2C).
• Forecast and provide replenishment and new product orders to the production team, in line with OTB and lead times.
• Ensure any promotional activity or featured product is properly planned in line with forecasted sales lifts.
Regular communication with the Leadership team on the performance of
• Product sales vs plan
• Margin MTD and YTD
• Recommendations for opportunities and/or risks
Regular communication with the Production team on:
• Incoming, open orders or production delays.
• Identifying portions of stock that should be air freighted where required.
• Regular strategising with each channel on ways to maximise sales as well as the ability to create and present quarterly range reviews to the Product team, with the purpose of informing newness.
This role requires you to roll up your sleeves and take a hands-on approach to your work. You are comfortable working with large amounts of data and able to identify trends and insights to inform decision-making. You're able to work independently, whilst managing multiple projects simultaneously, as well as be a strong team player, manager and collaborator.
We’re searching for someone with a deep passion for what they do. You are passionate about product (our product specifically!) and are truly excited to shape the future of Boody’s product assortment
We’re looking for someone who has 8+ years of experience in planning. You thrive in a dynamic and agile business environment, where things change and you’re kept on our toes. You’re comfortable being uncomfortable.
Your skills and passion are rooted in the delicate mix between art (you have a good eye for what the customer wants to see) and science (use data and insights to drive decision-making).
You have the hard skills and many years of experience in excel, sheets and various planning tools.
We’re continuously growing and our ambition is huge - our brand success is reliant on our vibrant, collaborative and innovative team who share our values and identify with our mission, so it is critical that you fit these to a tee (see what we did there?). They are:
• Innovation: Refusal to accept the status quo, teamed with the creative and technical nous to do better for our customers and the planet.
• Drive: A passion and dedication which results in forward momentum, at pace.
• Inclusivity: Planning, acting and advocating, with other people in mind.
• Connection: Customer obsessed. Everything we do is designed to drive impactful connections with our customers, and communities
What Can You Expect?
• Competitive remuneration.
• Work directly with Boody’s Leadership team.
• More than a role but a place to find personal fulfillment through our cultural brand pillars, including
• Sustainability and giving back
• Health and wellness
• Diversity and inclusion
• Align with a B Corp certified brand.
• Sun lit, spacious and collaborative HQ right in the heart of Surry Hills. Always with a well equipped pantry and within walking distance to the city, public transport and Sydney’s finest hospo spots.
• Get the best of both worlds, with a WFO/WFH schedule.
• Generous product allowance and team discount program (never be short on undies again!)
• Supportive and highly experienced team with a fantastic work culture (did we mention we’re “Great Places to Work” certified?)
• Many wellness focussed initiatives, including an on-demnad EAP (Employee Assistant Program).
• Work for a brand that celebrates the wins - quarterly dinners and monthly social and cultural events.
• We give back to our community - Boody partners with 1% for the Planet to donate 1% of all online revenue to environmental non-profits. We also commit our team’s time to help philanthropic causes and are proud of our strategic partnership with Thread Together.
The fine print
• This role is full time and you are required to work from Boody HQ (if you're aligned with our values, you'll love being here). Please do not apply if seeking remote work.
• We require you to have full residency or a permanent Visa in Australia.
Boody is a brand that prides itself on Diversity and Inclusion and believes this should always come from within. We encourage people of all backgrounds, identities and experiences to apply for our roles on offer. Looking out for the planet does not have any prerequisites
Sydney NSW Australia
Senior Merchandise Planner Sydney NSW jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.