American International University
American International University Kuwait City Kuwait
1 month ago
American International University – Kuwait City
Reports to: Director of Testing & Enrollment Technology
Job Purpose: The position is responsible for the coordination and supervision of the operational activities in Testing Services. In close collaboration with Enrollment and Academic Affairs, the coordinator will be responsible for new student assessment and placement tests, make-up exam service, and various other exams or testing services as needed.
• Serve as member of the Enrollment Management division, participating in discussions, decision-making, and policy recommendations
• Under the guidance of the Vice President, develop and oversee testing budget ensuring adequate testing materials and supplies to meet demand
• Work closely with Enrollment and the Foundation Program to develop and administer all admissions related testing and any academic assessment testing that may be needed.
• Develop and oversee daily, weekly and monthly testing activities... monitor testing center usage and needs; record number of test takers and types of exams given in the testing center
• Coordinate and publish testing schedules
• Advise students about testing options, availability of tests, score requirements, and address problems and resolutions regarding testing
• In collaboration with Academic Affairs, determine and implement best practice strategies for accommodations testing and make-up exams .
• Develop and publish testing strategies and testing integrity; conduct testing workshops in conjunction with Enrollment and Academic Affairs.
• Provide placement testing informational materials and respond to queries about the placement testing program for prospective students and applicants
• Maintain testing center; report, troubleshoot, and resolve issues with hardware, software and other computer-related issues
• Handle the ordering and secure storage of testing materials; making sure to maintain adequate supplies of tests at all times
• Train allocated staff members in the test administration process
• Allocate proctors to administer tests where needed,
• Administer various assessments: placement, make-up, and accommodation test sessions where needed.
• Process students for registration of various tests
• Develop and maintain procedure manuals related to testing programs and services
• Assist in the identification, implementation and evaluation of technology programs intended to enhance the testing department operations
• Assist with the development, revision, and distribution of marketing, educational, and informational publications and materials related to the Enrollment and Academic Affairs
• Provide assistance to other student development programs as needed
• Assist in preparing for accreditation, local, U.S. regional and programmatic
• Participate in new student orientations
• Participate in outreach activities both on and off campus, representing AIU at fairs, exhibitions, and schools, as well as conducting presentations for prospective students and/or advisors as needed
Potential Reporting Positions:
• Testing Specialist
• Student Workers
• Must possess skills to be able to explain and demonstrate the essential functions of the position
• Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly and effectively at all levels within the University in English; must possess effective presentation skills; Ability to speak Arabic a plus
• Knowledge of university enrollment services policies and procedures, and degree programs offered
• Demonstrated understanding of the role of testing in the college experience
• Strong knowledge of testing etiquette and integrity
• Demonstrated understanding of University structure, policies and procedures
• Demonstrated proficiency in the use of standard software applications
• Demonstrated skills in researching issues and problems using software and the Internet
• Demonstrable high ethical standards and patience especially as it relates to testing
• Must be capable of maintaining confidentiality of work related information and materials
• Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and problem-solve; sound professional judgment; initiative and resourcefulness; industry and dependability
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of professionals and community constituents
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• Experience in planning and conducting presentations
About American International University:
AIU is a new institution of higher education in Kuwait with the first student cohort admitted in fall 2019. It is a private, co-educational institution offering undergraduate degrees based on the American model of higher education. Through its educational programs, the College serves the intellectual, cultural, and personal growth of all members of its community. AIU’s offers degree programs in Engineering, Architecture, and Design, and Business Administration where the language of instruction is English.
For more information about AIU visit
Kuwait City Kuwait
Testing Coordinator Kuwait City jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.