GVA Lighting, Inc.
GVA Lighting, Inc. Oakville Canada
4 months ago
A day in the life of an Electronics Designer involves constant innovation and advanced electronics design. At GVA Lighting our products are always on the cusp of innovation when it comes to our electronic designs, and you will be working with some of the best electronic engineers to create and introduce new products.
GVA Lighting creates outstanding lighting systems and signature lighting projects worldwide in cooperation with the best lighting designers and architects in the world. Our engineering, design and manufacturing takes place right here in the Greater Toronto Area and you can be a part of it! Check out some of the amazing lighting projects we completed recently.
Our Electronics Designers are key to GVA success in designing and delivering first-in-class solutions.
• Create schematics and PCB Designs for LED Lighting products with Altium Designer 365;
• Simulate and analyze circuits by using appropriate software (LTspice and similar);
• Test developed... designs for safety, performance targets and EMC/EMI compliance;
• Develop firmware in C/C++;
• Design and develop software for PC (i.e. test software using C/C++);
• Execute full New Product Introduction (NPI) process, including prototyping, verification and validation processes;
• Work with the GVA Lighting Quality Management System and related design and development procedures and standards;
• Work with industry standards and certifications bodies such as UL, IEC any other standards as per the industry requirements;
• Develop and document products appropriately and ensure knowledge transfer from design to manufacturing, testing and RMA teams: arrange design review and training meetings, create design manuals, production files, maintain BOM and deign revisions;
• Collaborate with mechanical design engineering team in developing the complete lighting fixtures and power-data equipment;
• Provide technical assistance to Production when needed and assist in manufacturability issues;
• Report on project progress and follow and maintain project timelines.
• Degree in Electronics Engineering;
• 5-10+ years of progressive experience in electronic designs and electronic board designs;
• 3+ years of experience in software and firmware development;
• Solid foundation in AC-DC and DC-DC conversion techniques and circuit analysis;
• Solid foundation in Circuit Protection and Compliance Testing requirements (ESD, EFT, Surge, EMC, EMI etc);
• Proficiency with Altium 365.
During the selection process you might undergo psychometric tests, as well as practical exercises to help us identify those
who have the right attitude, skills, know-how and to find a cultural fit with our company’s values.
• We offer learning opportunities enabling professional growth;
• You will receive a competitive salary based on skills and experience;
• You may take pride in having participated in landmark projects at home and around the world;
• When you work with us you can qualify for professional development, employer sponsored health benefits and retirement savings plan.
Send your resume and LinkedIn profile link to [email protected].
GVA Lighting is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. In accordance with the Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the GVA Lighting hiring process.
We thank all the candidates for their interest in GVA lighting however only selected candidates will be contacted
Electronics Designer Oakville jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.