Definity Toronto Canada
4 months ago
YOUR NEXT CO-OP PLACEMENT
Work term: Summer (May 8, 2023 Start Date)
Work term length: 4-month
From classroom to co-op to career, every step of your journey has an impact on your future. That's why it makes sense to choose a co-op placement with a company that offers truly rewarding work and real-life experience. At Definity®, your contributions, creativity, and energy will be put to good use, and you'll get to be involved with initiatives that support our strategic goals and use your skills in a supportive team environment.
If you're looking for a company that takes care of its people — full time, part time, and co-ops alike — and has a track record of doing big things, get ready to love it here.
What can you expect in this role?
Reporting to the Manager of Content & Digital Marketing, the Social Media Planner will work closely with our Senior Specialist, Social Media. As the Planner, you will be instrumental in activating our social media strategy to engage with customers... brokers, and employees to help manage the reputation of our brand on social media. Your exceptional campaign and community management skills will delight and captivate our audiences from headline to CTA. Your passion for both the art and science of social media will be demonstrated as you execute a strategic plan, monitor engagement, and evaluate success through reporting and analytics. You will support our existing channels (Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn), as well as any initiatives to grow our online presence. This could include building our audience, engaging customers and brokers, helping to deliver exceptional online customer service, and providing an excellent overall brand experience
What you'll be doing
• Bring the social media and online community management strategy to life, improving our current presence and helping to assess new channels
• Participate in planning the social content calendar for each channel, working with our content team, business units, and designers to create, adapt, optimize, and deliver content that educates and inspires our audience to take action
• Help all stakeholders follow our social media governance policy, ensuring we engage with our community and respond to comments in a timely, consistent, and appropriate way
• Set up, execute, monitor, and measure social media campaigns and budget spend, with a focus on testing and optimization
• Stay current on social media and digital content marketing best practices through industry research and learning opportunities, and provide insightful input into how we evolve our social media strategy and practice
• Serve as a brand advocate by ensuring our tone and the quality of our content meets corporate brand standards, and act as a consultant to fellow team members, business units, and brokers on brand and social media best practices
• Edit content for social media purposes from internal and external contributors
• Review available data/reports related to our social channels, and adapt to maximize future results
What you bring
• College Diploma or University Degree in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations, or related discipline
• 3-5 years of progressive, professional experience in developing and executing on social media strategies and community engagement tactics
• Marie Kondo-level organization and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional writing and communication skills
• Experience in developing and executing large-scale social media campaigns, leveraging paid and organic social media (Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook Ads)
• Proven ability to develop content and/or brand strategy through deep consumer understanding and strong data analysis
• Customer service advocacy and response experience, and the ability to handle sensitive conversations with diplomacy and in keeping with brand experience and privacy standards
• Extensive professional knowledge of multiple social platforms (mandatory for Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram), and how to leverage unique influencer opportunities for each channel
• Strong ability to influence and natural ability to engage, persuade, and operate with key partners, through written and verbal communication
• French is an asset
Did you know?
• We care about our co-ops: Definity's co-op students are considered the best pipeline of talent for our full-time, permanent positions.
• We care about students: Definity distributes $85,000 in scholarships to students across Canada each year.
• We care about our community: Definity donates more than $1 million every year to causes that drive true change in the neighbourhoods in which we live and work.
What can Definity offer you?
• Meaningful work forwarding our purpose of building a better world by helping our clients and communities adapt and thrive in their hardest times of need.
• Culture of accountability, empowerment, and collaboration.
• Opportunities to support personal and professional growth through real-life experience and unique learning opportunities. Our Leadership Essentials program builds knowledge and skills to Team Leaders to Directors
• Opportunity to join our employee groups - focused on women's empowerment, LGBTQ+, anti-racism and cultural equity, and environmental activism
• Determined to create positive change for our environment, our people, and our communities, now and in the future. Check our ESG work
Visit to learn more about us and what we're up to.
Work Location: Hybrid (Waterloo OR Toronto)
How to apply: Submit a cover letter, resume, and transcript
Social Media Planner Co-op/Intern Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.