Databox, Inc. Ptuj Slovenia
4 months ago
Databox, a fast-growing SaaS company that helps other companies monitor and improve their business performance, is looking for an experienced DevOps/SRE Manager with experience in leading a small DevOps/SRE team.
Our infrastructure runs in AWS cloud using Kubernetes clusters. We have many services built with Docker and deployed daily via CI/CD pipelines. Engineers use ChatOps from Slack to deploy services to different environments. Grafana with Prometheus is our choice for managing ever-growing streams of monitoring data. PostgreSQL is used for our main database and our data warehouse. Our warehouse is growing rapidly and scaling strategies are becoming more and more challenging. We are always exploring new tools and ideas as our needs evolve, and we love working alongside people who are willing to try new things.
Mentoring, code reviews, writing tests, and engaging in blameless postmortems are only some of our core engineering principles. We are in the midst... of a DevOps transformation, enabling developers to own all aspects of their projects, while we serve as trusted advisors, making sure we create as much opportunity for developer autonomy as we can while maintaining the security and stability of our infrastructure. We celebrate achievements, encourage personal growth, structure knowledge sharing, and have fun doing it all.
As a DevOps/SRE Manager, you will manage a 5-member team that ensures that Databox’s services (both our internally critical and our externally-visible systems), have reliability, uptime appropriate to users’ needs, and a fast rate of improvement. Additionally SRE’s will keep an ever-watchful eye on the availability, capacity, and performance of our system. Much of team software development focuses on optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation. You’ll also focus on writing tools and enabling other software developers to do their job and focus on things that they are good at. You will work on software development projects to keep important revenue-critical systems up and running, from code-level troubleshooting of traffic anomalies to maintenance of our most important services; from monitoring and alerts to building new automation infrastructure.
• Lead a team of DevOps/SRE Engineers on projects for users and be directly responsible for uptime
• Manage end-to-end availability and performance of mission-critical services and build automation to prevent problem recurrence
• Lead by example, care for the team, and establish credibility with the quality of the team technical execution
• Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of Databox's services
• Hands-on technical experience
• Experience in recruiting and managing a team of experienced Engineers
• Experience in problem-solving and analyzing distributed systems
• Effective management and communication skills
• A clear understanding of SRE principles and practices
Nice to have
• Getting-things-done attitude
• Passion for building systems, tools, or products that help people
• Ability to learn quickly, take initiative, work independently and handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
• Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with excellent communication skills
• Excellent English speaking and writing skills
We encourage our employees to challenge themselves, learn from each other, grow in their roles, and balance their work with life. We offer competitive compensation, an opportunity for personal and professional development, and a positive team atmosphere.
Databox is a remote-friendly company with over 100 team members working across the globe. This position, however, is best suitable for a candidate located near Ptuj, Slovenia, with the possibility of working from home a few times per week.
If you think we might be a match, send us your CV and a short explanation of why you think you are the right person for this position
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.