City of Houston
City of Houston Houston TX New Zealand
4 months ago
Applications accepted from: All Person Interested...
Job Classification: Staff Analyst
Posting Number: PN# 30373
Division: Strategic Procurement Division (SPD)
Department: Finance Department
Reporting Location: 611 Walker St. *Subject to change
Workdays & Hours: MONDAY – FRIDAY 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM *Subject to change
Description Of Duties/Essential Functions
Provides internal professional, analytical, administrative and management services and support to the Chief Procurement Officer by providing internal reviews of procurement projects.
Duties And Responsibilities
• Evaluates procurement documents for accuracy and compliance with federal, state, and local laws and policies.
• Identifies procurement risks of the organization and offers recommendations to reduce risks.
• Identifies processes that can be improved and makes recommendations.
• Presents findings to upper management in the form of reports and presentations
• Meets deadlines and work efficiently without ongoing direct supervision
• Performs other duties as assigned
The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc. There are no major sources of discomfort, i.e., essentially normal office environment with acceptable lighting, temperature and air conditions.
This is a Houston Public Works Emergency Management position at the Tier III Level.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Public Administration or a field directly related to the type of work being performed.
Graduate degrees related to the type of work to be performed may substitute for the experience requirement on a year-for-year basis.
Three years of professional administrative, financial, or analytical experience related to the type of work being performed are required.
Professional experience related to the type of work to be performed may substitute for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis.
• Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
Preference Will Be Given To Candidates That Have/demonstrate
• Master’s degree with a concentration in Public Administration, Finance or Accounting
• Proficiency in Excel and SAP applications and reports
• Knowledge and experience of CDBG and FEMA grants
SELECTION / SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED -None
Department may administer skills assessment test
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION – NO
If yes , this position is subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position, candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
SALARY INFORMATION Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate’s qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
PAY GRADE :26
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov .
To view your detailed application status, please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call (832) 393-0486.
If you need special services or accommodations, call (832) 393-0486. (TTY 7-1-1). If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly, should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EOE Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual's sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy
Houston TX USA
Jobs in Houston TX New Zealand
STAFF ANALYST(SPD) Houston jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.