Local Government Jobs Ireland
Local Government Jobs Ireland Kildare Ireland
4 months ago
Professional and Technical
Energy Efficiency Officer
€53,626 per annum to €74,544 per annum maximum
Advertised Date: 17 Jan 2023
Closing Date: 02 Feb 2023, 04:00 PM
It is desirable that candidates demonstrate through their application form and at the interview that he/she:
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to establish positive relationships with staff of the Council, Councillors, partners, external agencies and suppliers etc.
• Well-developed presentation and negotiation skills: able to communicate clearly, pleasantly and confidently with staff and stakeholders both orally and in writing.
• Confident in their technical abilities, can work under pressure and to tight deadlines. Able to work on your own initiative and be a self-starter, prioritising work with minimum supervision.
• Must be committed to self-development and be enthusiastic about acquiring new skills.
Candidates shall on the latest date for receipt of... completed application forms for the office:
• hold an honours degree (level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) in Engineering, Planning, Science, Environmental Science, Architecture or related discipline.
• have at least five years satisfactory relevant experience of town planning, engineering, environmental science, architecture or other relevant discipline.
• possess a high standard of technical training and experience and demonstrate a record of excellent project management skills resulting in successful outcomes, simultaneously managing and coordinating multiple projects of differing scale, nature and complexity, bringing them to a conclusion on time and on budget.
• possess a high standard of administrative and management experience
• have satisfactory knowledge of Local Authority operations, particularly in respect of their responsibilities for and enhancing their capacity on Energy Efficiency, Emission Reduction and Climate Action.
• Have a high level of technical competence and experience in delivering successful outcomes, formulating, implementing and managing strategies, plans, studies or processes including stakeholder engagement.
• Demonstrate a successful track record in managing and motivating staff including strong judgement and problem-solving skills.
• have excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills;
• Have an excellent knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulations and their application in the workplace and competence and experience of financial and budget management.
• Possess excellent knowledge of local government functions, services and activities.
• Demonstrate a high level of IT competence;
• Demonstrate knowledge and experience in climate change adaptation and mitigation, an understanding of Irish climate action policy at national, regional and local levels with particular reference to prescribed emission reduction targets and energy efficiency improvements.
• Demonstrate robust knowledge of the Covenant of Mayors framework, ISO 50,001, M&R and accountability of the local authority for delivering on targets for energy efficiency and emission reductions.
• Demonstrate a high level of technical knowledge and experience in project appraisal, delivering projects on time and on budget.
• Demonstrate knowledge of working with communities to deliver projects and other interventions, including involvement of experience of working with all forms of media.
• Have a knowledge of the Sustainable Energy Authority of Ireland (SEAI) and the various energy efficiency campaigns and funding schemes ongoing nationally, regionally and locally.
• Have experience of building strategic relationships with external stakeholders at all levels including local, regional and national and be capable of working in close collaboration with key partners and in seeking co-operation and consensus with a whole range of external bodies and representative groups.
• Demonstrate experience of working closely with Elected Members and have a knowledge of existing Local Government structures and ‘Putting People First’.
• have experience of managing and coordinating multi-disciplinary and cross sectional teams and have the ability to motivate, empower, encourage and achieve maximum efficiency and value for money from the personnel and processes under his/her control.
• have experience of maintaining sound employee relations and conflict resolution.
l. be experienced in meeting regularly with stakeholders, providing updates, presentations and reports, taking customer feedback and ensuring any learning from same is used to enhance the operations of the organisation.
• be experienced in contributing to the operations and strategic planning processes and in the implementation of the agreed aims of same.
n. Have a knowledge of Local Government funding streams with a particular focus on the availability of climate action funds at a national and European level.
Applicants should at the date of appointment hold a full valid Irish /EU licence, for Class B vehicles, or a licence acceptable to NDLS for transfer to full Irish licence
Aras Chill Dara, Devoy Park
Energy Efficiency Officer Kildare jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.