Burnac Produce Group
Burnac Produce Group Vaughan Canada
4 months ago
The Future of Produce
With roots in the produce industry dating back over 80 years, Burnac Produce Ltd. provides fruits and vegetables to large corporations, mid-sized companies, and small independent business owners. We have grown to a multi-million-dollar organization, operating two state-of-the-art facilities. Our experience, technology, and passionate workforce have allowed us to become one of the most progressive and successful companies in the industry in Canada. Rich in its history and diversity, Burnac Produce is true to its values.
Monday to Friday, 0830 to 1630
The Database Administrator, IT will be responsible for the Company’s databases while ensuring system availability meets established service levels including Availability (SLA’s), Mean time to Recovery (MTTR) and Recovery Point Objectives (RPO). Maintaining system security, performance, and data integrity in support of operations activities is key to the success of this role.
What we offer:
At Burnac Produce, our... employees are the essence of our business. We are committed to fostering those relationships with honesty, integrity and by providing:
• Competitive compensation package
• Comprehensive Benefits Package
• Career growth with a focus on fostering internal talent
• Financial support for continuing education relating to your position
• Training and recertification as required to ensure employee success
What you will do in a typical day:
• Establish, support and maintain an effective reporting and Business Intelligence framework required to satisfy organizational objectives.
• Develop SQL reports and solve any user problems at hand utilizing current technology best practices.
• Provide support on database architectural design of existing and new systems, database administration, performance monitoring tuning, troubleshooting problems and expansion
• Evaluate and implement products to enhance existing database solutions (reduce costs, improve efficiency, improve performance)
• Review, enhance and develop backup and recovery strategies depending on SLA requirements
• Capacity planning and monitoring database growth.
• Maintain, and administer SSIS and SSRS environments.
• Design, maintain and ensure High Availability solutions including clustering, log shipping etc.
• Perform capacity planning work on Production, UA, QA, DEV environments.
• Research improvements to improve overall system performance.
• Participate in after-hours support of production environment and mission-critical applications with the DBA team on a rotational schedule
• Communicate and coordinate with other IT teams to successfully resolve support and maintenance issues
• Develop and enforce database standards and best practices including performance, security, policy and procedure monitoring
• Deliver on assigned SQL Server Infrastructure projects, including, but not limited to new software releases, patch upgrades, feature exploitation, security, and audit, with participation throughout the project lifecycle
What you will need to succeed at Burnac:
At minimum, you will need:
• Undergraduate degree in computer science or a related field
• 8-10 years of related IT experience
• Database management and SQL reporting
It would be great if you also have:
• 6-8 years of progressive experience as SQL Server DBA
• Advanced SQL scripting, Transact SQL and programming knowledge and experience
• Excellent knowledge and experience in building and maintaining high availability clusters and all the associated components as log shipping and always on and CDC
• 8-10 years of experience with tuning, performance analysis, backup and disaster recovery practices
• Experience with creating database documentation including ERD’s, data dictionaries and architecture diagrams
• Experience in implementing operational automation
• Fundamental knowledge of .NET platform tools, utilities, and MS Visual Studio, MSSQL Management
• Designing and developing reports using SSRS
• Troubleshooting and maintaining existing reports
• Experience with Jet Reports and Power BI
We’re ready when you are.
Burnac Produce is a dynamic, fast-paced organization of passionate people focussed on results and collaboration. Our people set us apart and we are committed to their wellbeing and development. Our core values dictate the way we function and are the keys to our success. We are a strong, hard-working team but don’t forget to have some fun along the way.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
To apply, please forward your resumes directly to [email protected].
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying
Database Administrator, IT Vaughan jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.