SickKids Toronto Canada
4 months ago
Dedicated exclusively to children and their families, The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids) is one of the largest and most respected paediatric healthcare centres in the world. As innovators in child health, we lead and partner to improve the health of children through the integration of healthcare, leading-edge research and education. Our reputation would not have been built – nor could it be maintained – without the skills, knowledge and experience of the extraordinary people who come to work here every day. SickKids is committed to ongoing learning and development, and features a caring and supportive work environment that combines exceptionally high standards of practice.
When you join SickKids, you become part of our community. We share a commitment and determination to fulfill our vision of Healthier Children. A Better World.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to work alongside the world’s best in paediatric healthcare.
Nurses at... SickKids are leaders who influence and deliver the best in family-centered care. Our nurses respect the diversity of the community we serve and the uniqueness of each child and family. Nurses at SickKids improve the lives of children around the world every day. Apply now for an opportunity to join our world class team!
Diagnostic Imaging RN
The role of the DI nurse is dynamic and challenging. DI nurses carry out their duties in a high paced technological environment, providing care to children experiencing a wide variety of complex health issues so that the health care team may work toward optimizing timely diagnosis and treatment. Nursing in Diagnostic Imaging (DI) requires an advanced skill set and specialized knowledge of pediatric anatomy and physiology with a specific focus on the pediatric airway and respiratory system.
Here’s What You’ll Love
• Interprofessional Collaboration - The DI nurses work with a high level of autonomy within the multi-disciplinary group of radiologists, technologists, anesthetists and nurses.
• Continued Learning – lifelong learning is encouraged through internal programs as well as through external means like academic and conference support.
• Professional Development – we encourage participation in nursing practice committees, departmental research as well as preceptorship and mentorship programs.
Here’s What You’ll Get to do
• Develop and implement a nursing plan of care in collaboration with the child/family and interdisciplinary team for the patient receiving oral sedation and/or general anesthesia.
• Conduct comprehensive health assessments of patients undergoing non-invasive diagnostic procedures in CT and MRI departments.
• Assist anesthesia staff in the preparation, induction, monitoring and recovery of patients who require general anesthesia
• Perform intravenous insertions and contrast administration
• Maintain clinical competence and knowledge base through continued education and life-long learning
• Utilize evidenced-based practice as a base in the promotion of professional accountability
Here’s What You’ll Need
• Baccalaureate degree and/or Diploma in Nursing
• Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Registered Nurse
• Experience in pediatric nursing
• Previous nursing/clinical experience in NICU/PICU and PACU is an asset
• Certification of Intravenous Initiation is an asset
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to use your critical thinking, problem-solving and teamwork abilities
Hours: Presently 7.5 hour shifts. Must be available days, evenings, stat holidays. Weekend rotation, on-call rotation (presently no night shifts).
Our Commitment to Diversity
The children and families we care for are from a variety of communities, and so are our employees. We welcome and encourage everyone to join our organization and be part of our team.
When requested, SickKids will provide access and inclusion supports to eligible candidates to support their full engagement during the interview and assessment process. Information received related to access or inclusion will be addressed confidentially.
Thank you for your interest in joining SickKids. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with our Hospital policy, employment at SickKids is conditional upon the Hospital’s receipt of all necessary documentation.
FOR EXTERNAL APPLICANTS ONLY: As a health care institution, our highest priority is the safety of patients, families and staff. As a result, we are adopting all prevention measures to ensure the safety of our patients, families and our staff. Therefore, any offer of employment is conditional upon you submitting proof that you have been fully vaccinated with a Health Canada or World Health Organization (WHO) approved COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible and no later than fourteen (14) calendar days prior to the effective start date, in addition to satisfying any other condition(s) that may be set out in an offer. If a candidate fails to satisfy this condition (or any other condition(s) set out in an offer), any offer of employment shall be immediately rescinded.
How to Apply
Tip: Combine your cover letter and resume into ONE document of 20 pages or less as you cannot upload multiple documents as part of your application.
If you are still experiencing technical difficulties please email [email protected] to send us a short description of the issues you are experiencing. Please note that we will not accept resumes sent to this inbox but we are happy to respond to requests for technical assistance
Registered Nurse - MRI and CT Toronto jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.