Caribbean Utilities Company, Ltd.
Caribbean Utilities Company, Ltd. Cayman Islands Cayman Islands
4 months ago
Employment Opportunity :: Business Development
Senior Project Development Manager
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing sound and robust commercial proposals for board and regulatory approval. This includes the preparation of approval documentation, budgets, business cases and board papers that meet company investment criteria;
- Preparing responses to competitive tenders for new business opportunities;
- Investigating new business opportunities for CUC; particularly in those technologies that CUC has not previously invested in;
- Developing and maintaining a renewable generation portfolio of opportunities to provide maximum commercial value to CUC. This involves identifying and developing any new renewable generation opportunity;
- Managing the conceptual, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies associated with selected development opportunities to create commercially viable and technically robust development opportunities;
- Managing the scopes... budgets and processes for land rights acquisition, permitting and any other approval processes ensuring that acquisitions and approvals align with engineering proposals;
- Managing internal and external stakeholder relationships such as regulatory authorities, customers, land owners, public interest groups, contractors, and suppliers such that CUC’s brand and reputation is considered at all stages of the development process;
- Assisting with the development of short and long term generation and facility expansion and upgrade plans. Supervision of the company’s Project Development team.
Applicants should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Commerce or related development orientated disciplines with a minimum of 7 years of post-degree experience in developing Renewable Energy and other transitional energy projects in the Electric Utility Industry;
- A Masters of Business Administration or similar Masters in related disciplines is preferred;
- Demonstrated computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite Programs;
- Chartered/registered engineers and PMI Project Management Professional certification preferred.
- Salary is CI$6,087 to $7,913 per month
CUC offers a very competitive benefits package including pension, health and life insurance.
CUC operates within the Cayman Islands, which as a jurisdiction does not have direct or income taxes. Employees working are subject to indirect taxes such as import duties when importing goods from overseas.
The Company :
CUC commenced operations in 1966 as the sole provider of electricity in Grand Cayman. The Company operates a modern diesel plant with an installed capacity of 161 MW. The company reached a new system peak load of 113.5 MW on August 28, 2019. Our 200+ employees are committed to providing a safe and reliable supply of electricity to over 30,000 customers.
Keeping pace with Grand Cayman’s development has challenged this publicly traded electric utility to become technology-driven and deliver world-class and innovative enhancements in its approach to meeting significant customer growth.
The Territory :
The Cayman Islands, a United Kingdom Overseas Territory with a population of approximately 60,000, are comprised of three islands: Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac and Little Cayman. Located 150 miles south of Cuba, 460 miles south of Miami and 167 miles northwest of Jamaica, the largest island is Grand Cayman with an area of 76 square miles.
Follow us on social media:
Linkedin: Caribbean Utilities Company Ltd.
Jobs in Cayman Islands Cayman Islands
Senior Project Development Manager Cayman Islands jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.