Wawanesa Insurance Vancouver Canada
2 months ago
We’re proud to give our employees the flexibility to choose how and where they want to work. In this role, you can decide whether your preference is to work from home (remote), work from the office or a hybrid of time spent at both. You may work from any of the following locations: British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Newfoundland & Labrador and/or the Yukon.
The Wawanesa Mutual Insurance Company, founded in 1896, is Canada’s largest mutual insurer, with $3.9 billion in annual revenue and assets of $10.5 billion. Wawanesa Mutual, with executive offices in Winnipeg, is the parent company of Wawanesa General, which offers property and casualty insurance in California and Oregon; Wawanesa Life, which provides life insurance products and services throughout Canada; and Western Financial Group, which distributes personal and business insurance across Western Canada. With more than 5,700 employees, Wawanesa proudly... serves more than two million policyholders in Canada and the United States. Wawanesa is thrilled to be named one of Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes for 2022. This certification recognizes us as a leading employer and reinforces that we’re a company that values our people for who they are and the work they do to support our customers, communities, and brokers. Wawanesa is also a Manitoba Top Employer for 2022 recognizing that we are an exceptional place to work. Wawanesa actively gives back to organizations that strengthen communities where it operates, donating well above internationally recognized benchmarks for excellence in corporate philanthropy.
We are currently looking for dedicated, driven, and enthusiastic individuals who thrive in an environment that welcomes change and are looking for an opportunity for diverse experience and advancement on a growing team.
Wawanesa is growing and is currently looking for multiple Underwriters (all levels) for current and future needs. We invite you to join us by applying in our pool of candidates.
Working under general supervision, an Underwriter (all levels) – Commercial Lines is responsible for analyzing the acceptability of low complexity business with low to moderate premium volume according to company guidelines by working collaboratively with our sales force and providing value added expertise and service to both potential and existing policyholders.
• Perform risk analysis using technology as well as external data sources for the purposes of quoting, negotiating and authorizing the acceptance of risk.
• Maintain accurate records of decisions made and maintain completeness of policy data.
• Communicate decisions, and respond to requests in a prompt and professional manner.
• Learn to understand rating procedures, wordings, underwriting policies and regulations.
networking at industry events.
Perform other duties as assigned.
• Handle work assignments, including calls, efficiently.
• Work effectively towards the goals of the team.
• Build positive working relationships with internal and external parties, including
• Post-secondary education or related business experience.
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Commercial Insurance.
• Willingness to enroll in, or actively pursuing a Property and Casualty Industry Designation.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong attention to detail, analytical, problem solving and communication skills.
• Strong decision making skills with the ability to provide justification.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Demonstrated planning and organizing skills with the ability to prioritize daily tasks.
• Underwriting Levels: I, II, and Senior
• Business: Commercial Lines
• Field of expertise: Property & Casualty / P&C
• Status: Full-time
• Number of hours a week: 37.5
• Schedule: Monday to Friday during core business hours (Pacific Time Zone)
• Location: This role allows you to work anywhere that Wawanesa operates in Canada. You can choose to work from home, at Wawanesa office, or a hybrid of both.
Be proactive and submit your resume today!
Wawanesa provides its employees with a respectful, challenging and rewarding environment where they can maximize their potential while contributing to the company’s goals. Our full-time permanent employees are provided with highly competitive compensation packages (salaries, generous vacation allowance, leave top up, annual bonus plan, premium free benefits and a pension plan). Wawanesa provides a stable environment for its employees in today’s challenging markets.
Wawanesa is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is equitable and inclusive for all. Wawanesa provides equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s protected status: race/ethnicity, colour, religion, creed, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, family or marital status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, or any other protected status. Accommodations are available upon request throughout all aspects of the selection process. Candidates requiring accommodations may contact, in confidence, [email protected]
If you are interested in this exciting, challenging position with Wawanesa, apply today with your Resume.
Commercial Underwriter (All Levels, Remote) Vancouver jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.