Economical Insurance Career Site
Economical Insurance Career Site Dartmouth Canada
2 months ago
What you’ll be doing
• Ensure underwriting efficiency and effectiveness
• Assesses risks and accepts, declines, or amends new business submissions, policy endorsements, renewals, etc.
• Understands and aligns decision making to Economical's Line of Business and segmentation strategies
• With some guidance, develops solutions to achieve profitable growth targets
• Underwrite insurable risks from new business segments such as Light Manufacturing, Warehousing, Wholesale and expanded eligible risks in commercial services, Retail, Restaurants, Reality, Contractors etc….
• Leverages tools, resources and reports to appropriately evaluate risks and make effective Underwriting decisions
• Applies Underwriting judgment and relies on the guidance of senior staff and his/her Team Leader to process moderately complex risks effectively in accordance with Economical's corporate policies, Underwriting guidelines, standard operating procedures, and Line of Business and segmentation strategies
• Knows... how and when to leverage Underwriting Technicians and when to refer or escalate specific transactions/issues to more senior Underwriting stakeholders, as required
• Reviews Claims activity and takes appropriate action within his/her Underwriting authority level, as required
• Contacts Brokers, where required, to request additional information, communicate risk acceptances and terms, declines as well as quote follow ups (where applicable) to achieve target hit ratios - Provides exceptional service to Brokers for all interactions, and seeks to add value in every Broker interaction
• Acts as a point of contact for inquiries related to Commercial Property Insurance
• Routes/escalates Broker inquiries to alternative points of contact within Economical to enable effective and prompt resolution of inquiries, where appropriate
• Effectively manages multiple transactions within the policy case management system, leveraging system functionalities to appropriately route and document processing of transactions
• Demonstrates deep understanding of the policy administration systems and quoting systems and how functionalities can be used to best respond to Broker inquiries and needs, and completes all the required documentation in the system
• Applies knowledge of document management to access most up-to-date materials, guides and/or tools
What you bring
• Insurance knowledge with awareness on risk and at least two years of experience in Commercial Lines underwriting
• Excellent communication and people skills strong motivational skills and problem-solving skills. Attentive listener with the ability to anticipate and understand the customer's needs. Successfully maneuvers difficult conversations with ease while exercising empathy, patience, professionalism and the use of positive language
Underwriter, Small Business Dartmouth jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.