Royal Bank of Canada
Royal Bank of Canada Nova Scotia Canada
2 months ago
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Senior Manager, Internal Audit, Shared Services Centre
What is the opportunity?
The Chief Audit Executive (CAE) Group Shared Services Centre team (SSC) is an internal strategic partner that advances CAE’s operations by centralizing and re-engineering matured core engagements. Its key purpose is to oversee and provide efficient and reliable internal audit support on strategically selected audit projects across multiple lines of business. As a result, it increases the Group's ability to realize... operational efficiencies on engagements, and increase effectiveness and responsiveness to constantly evolving business risks. We are looking for a Senior Manager who has a strategic internal audit mindset to oversee and lead the Shared Services Centre team. The Senior Manager will also contribute to the development of the strategy and innovation initiatives within SSC.
The RBC CAE Group leverages a unique perspective— with a coordinated view across the entire business—to deliver valuable advice that not only gives assurance, but that illuminates a bigger picture, connects dots, builds best practices and broadens possibilities. We connect intelligence to protect and enable RBC.
What will you do?
• You will provide oversight and lead the CAE Shared Services Centre team to ensure work delivered by the Shared Services Centre meets our IA quality standards
• Lead by example, foster a team of innovative thinkers and change management agents through open communication and positive, timely feedback and training. Develop people by encouraging individuals to take responsibility for their contributions
• Oversee training and team skills development plan
• Liaise with RBC business and functional units to ensure agreement with content and methodology of audits, as well as significant findings
• As a strategic thinker, to continuously develop new and innovative assurance strategies and data-driven approaches to produce risk and control insights for business partners, and increase Internal Audit’s efficiency and effectiveness
• Drive key change management activities on innovative programs, including analyzing and recommending appropriate enhancements and working with business partners to implement changes
What do you need to succeed?
• 5+years banking or internal audit experience
• Demonstrated experience in internal auditing standards and ability to maintain high level execution quality
• Excellent analytical, problem solving, time management and organizational skills
• Demonstrated experience in working with key stakeholders and senior leadership to drive initiatives
• Undergraduate degree; Financial designation (CPA or CIA)
Nice to have
• Experience leading team sizes of 10+
• Ability to quickly understand the risks associated with new services, products and processes to formulate practical audit procedures
• Experience in leading or developing shared services centers of excellence is highly desirable
• Experience in leading innovation initiatives and developing operational efficiencies within internal audit functions including developing strategic plans and KPI measurements
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
• A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
• Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
• Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
• Opportunities to do challenging work.
• Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers
Senior Manager, Internal Audit, Shared Services Centre Nova Scotia jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.