Atkins Derby United Kingdom
2 months ago
Senior Human Factors Consultant
We are an inclusive employer and offer flexibility of hours and location to support all applicants.
With offices throughout the UK, SNC-Lavalin has an extensive history of supporting clients in the UK and overseas. With over 50,000 employees globally and a turnover of £5bn, following the acquisition of WS Atkins in July 2017, we are now in the top 3 of largest Engineering firms in the world.
Over the last fifteen years our Human Factors team has provided a range of benefits to our clients such as reduced incident rates, approved safety modifications, direction and priority for resolution of complex safety issues, significant commercial benefits to rolling stock procurement contracts and enhanced training programmes for operational staff.
Read more about how you can thrive with us.
• We are looking for an experienced consultant to work with an industry respected group of human factors and ergonomic specialists who provide technical... support in rail projects at all levels of the industry from heritage fleets to new build rolling stock. This is an excellent opportunity to build on your existing skills as well as develop project management and stakeholder engagement skills through a huge variety of high profile projects.
• You will be a part of a growing Human Factors Team, to deliver expertise into our core rolling stock, infrastructure and advanced rail control system based products. delivering high quality consultancy services to clients, and support to others within SNC-Lavalin Atkins as required.
• Deliver high quality work to clients according to agreed timescales and budgets.
• Provide human factors expertise to other delivery teams to support delivery of multi-disciplinary projects.
• Maintain a working understanding of relevant standards.
Example work activities:
• Rolling stock design including new build and retro fitment projects associated with the drivers cab and passenger saloon design including aspects such as ergonomics, human systems interaction and usability
• Infrastructure design including control centre design, depot design and station design including aspects such as passenger behavioural analysis, systems and equipment design specification and assessment and accessibility and inclusion.
• Operational assessments including application of our state of the art eye tracking equipment to gather insights into the interactions between drivers or passengers with key controls and equipment interfaces or user trials of equipment mock-ups to test designs with end users
• Incident investigation - Including the investigation of causal and underlying factors at the individual, job/workplace, organisational & external levels explored using a framework based on incident factors, error classification and non-technical skills.
We’d Love to Hear from You If You Have
• Degree qualified or similar status in human factors/ergonomics relevant discipline.
• Experience of delivering human factors projects particularly if on rolling stock projects.
• Good communication and presentation skills, and the ability to write clear and concise text.
Senior Human Factors Consultant (Open) Derby jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.