Parkland School Division
Parkland School Division Stony Plain Canada
2 months ago
We assure supportive learning environments, meaningful experiences and healthy relationships that create opportunities to develop resilience, to gain diversity in perspectives and to achieve enduring success.
Our Ultimate Goal is Student Success and Well-being .
We therefore value:
• Learning opportunities that are:
• authentic, and
• Excellence in achievement;
• Trustworthy, respectful relationships; and
• Resilience with self-awareness.
We attend to these Priorities:
• Inspired Exploration
• Connected Community
• Confident Resilience
• Meaningful Engagement
• Wellness Culture
• Resource Stewardship
The Parkland School Division has a Regular Full-time (1.0 FTE) Secretary III position available at Ecole Broxton Park School in Spruce Grove, Alberta.
Function and Purpose of Position
Secretary III's are the ambassadors of the school's front office with an expert level of business... knowledge and administrative skills. Secretary III supports the management of the school's front office to ensure tasks are completed in a timely manner. Effective interpersonal skills are essential to deal with a variety of situations that arise in a school setting. A team player approach to all situations is essential with friendly and flexible characteristics are a must
Secretary III's may:
• Work under the direction of the Principal and/or designate
• Work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
• Must enjoy working with students, families and the general public
Administration and Instructional Support
• Provide business coordination, maintain and update financial records (accounts payable/receivable, budget, capital inventory, etc), and secretarial support to school administration including processing correspondence, reports and other documents.
• Processing and recording cash transactions and transactions from school petty cash account.
• Reconciling school accounts.
• Generating invoices or overdue notices as necessary.
• Producing financial information reports as required.
• Making or overseeing bank deposits for the school.
• Processing purchase orders.
• Arranging for direct purchasing of supplies and service.
• Dealing with vendors on behalf of the school, in arranging for goods or services, problem solving and negotiating special services, etc.
• Maintaining inventory of supplies and arranging for replacement as necessary.
• Reconciling office Visa purchase statements.
• Coordinating staff reconciliation of Visa purchases.
• Excellent computer and technical skills for the preparation of correspondence, report cards, budget documentation, education plan, month ends, and other documentation supporting the operational needs of the school.
• Provide a range of reception, telephone system, secretarial and clerical support to the school site staff, including inquiries from parents and community members.
• Oversee the administration of student records and serve as school business coordinator.
• Distributes information and oversees the maintenance of administrative filing systems
• Ability to follow process and instructions to complete assigned tasks in a timely manner.
• Assist with, coordinate or make arrangements for special programs, projects and events.
• Assigns school keys as necessary
• Ability to support and assist a Secretary II in the following duties as needed:
• Recording and updating information such as student demographics, attendance and general student portfolio data.
• Generating periodic and ad hoc reports.
• Generating invoices for school fees.
• Downloading information to the Division Office for onward transmission to the Alberta Government.
• Registering new students and obtaining information from schools from which students have transferred.
• Closing registrations for students who transfer out of the school.
• Maintaining of cumulative records.
Supervises Support Staff in the School Office
• Provide training, advise, guidance and direction to support staff.
• Monitor staff performance.
• Oversee overall work output in relation to quality and timeliness.
• Arranging for replacement or additional staff as necessary.
• Assist with recruitment of new support staff.
• Assist in the appraisal activities of staff being supervised.
Student Assistance and Personal Care
• Provide support, assistance and supervision to students including but are not limited to contacting parents if needed, dispensing medication, monitor students' condition, etc.
Communication and Reporting
• Maintain teacher and support absences/substitutes and casual records.
• Serve in a liaison capacity with administrative staff in other schools and in the Centre for Education.
• Provide support, assistance and supervision to students as needed.
• Make arrangements for and organizes bussing for field trips.
• Contact parents, guardians, school administrators as necessary.
• Liaison with Account and Purchasing staff at Division Office
• Review applications for joint use and approve those who meet policy requirements
• Arrange for necessary custodial and security services for events
• Liaison with Division Office, outside agencies, as necessary
• Serve as Recording Secretary for meetings
• Assist with the preparation of agendas and correspondence
• Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
i) High School Diploma
ii) Completion of Office Administration/Accounting Diploma or equivalent
iii) Nonviolent Crisis Intervention and First Aid certificate would be an asset
i) 3 to 5 years of related experience.
ii) Power School experience would be an asset
iii) Power Teacher experience would be an asset
iv) Rycor (Accounting Software) experience would be an asset
v) Alberta Education Extranet & PASI experience would be an asset
vi) Report Card Dossier experience would be an asset
vii) IPad Apps experience would be an asset
viii) Destiny training would be an asset
ix) Google Drive training would be an asset
x) Previous experience working in a school setting is required
Equivalencies will be considered.
Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• A good sense of humour
• Good health and physical fitness
• The ability to take direction and work independently
• Flexibility, patience, sensitivity, tolerance, enthusiasm, creativity and imagination
• The ability to deal with the emotional and mental stress of working with children/group of children/school setting.
• First Aid Certificate
• Some assignments may require use of own vehicle
This work is most rewarding for those who enjoy working with people (especially physically, emotionally and behaviorally challenged children), having clear rules and guidelines for their work, and finding innovative ways to handle situations.
Secretaries are required to make good decisions to solve problems, complete analysis and create solutions related to the business outcomes of the school's office. Time management is essential and providing accurate directions to others to ensure deadlines are met. A solid financial background to make clear decision, set objects and monitor results directly related to the school's front office.
Working with Others
Effective team building and collaboration skills are required to keep the school's front office organized and meeting the needs of students, staff and parents. A positive team player with a commitment to build relationships with other staff.
The Secretary III may be required to routinely lift items weighting up to 50 lbs. Sometimes, heavier lifting may be required.
• Ability to work in a fast pace, noisy environment with many interruptions throughout the day.
• Ability to stand, bend, sit, and reach to complete assigned tasks.
• Ability to provide assistance to students, staff and general public.
Secretaries work indoors except when supervising children outdoors or going on field trips.
Secretaries may have the same holiday schedule as teachers, including a long summer break as well as winter and spring breaks. However, they work on a ten-month contract basis and therefore are not paid during the summer months.
The scheduled hours to be worked will be determined by each specific position.
This position may require the use of a personal vehicle
Stony Plain AB
Secretary III Stony Plain jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.