Collins Aerospace Puerto Rico Puerto Rico
2 months ago
United States of America
HPR01: Collins Puerto Rico- Aguadilla Road 110 North Km 28.8 San Antonio Industrial Park, Aguadilla, PR, 00603 USA
Position Role Type:
Collins Aerospace’s Global Engineering Center in Puerto Rico (GEC-PR) is seeking a Structures Engineer II with experience in structural analysis to work on existing and next generation of commercial and military applications.
• are responsible for developing advanced system models to support design, R&D, manufacturing, and operations.
• apply scientific principles to analyze, innovate, design, develop, and implement technologies, components, sub-systems, machines, tools, and systems to ensure compliance to specifications, requirements, and customer guarantees across applicable operating conditions.
• ensure novel ideas and implementations are captured and protected using applicable IP processes and tools.
Engineers in this role use a combination... of commercial and in-house developed software tools, and/or hand calculation methods to correlate analysis models, review test results, present results at program reviews, and prepare reports to document progress and execution. Projects supporting military and commercial applications include turbomachinery, propellers, flow/power control systems, landing and braking systems, thermal management systems, to cite a few.
This position will sit at our Aguadilla, PR location but can begin working remotely, within Puerto Rico. Candidate must be residing in Puerto Rico at the time of starting employment.
• Provide analytical support through all product/technology development phases including design, redesign, and tests for components and systems.
• Perform mechanical design, analysis, and calculations, including thermal and structural using Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tools in support of commercial and defense programs.
• Build, solve, and analyze component or system level simulation models. These tasks include retrieval and preparation of CAD parts for FEA models, geometry cleaning, meshing, boundary conditions assignment, material models specification, case definition, model run execution and monitoring, results postprocessing and documentation.
• Document progress and communicate effectively.
• Develop and sustain a collaborative network based on mutual trust with peers, internal and external customers.
• Work autonomously with moderate supervision on projects/assignments meeting project deliverables on time, with quality and on budget.
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Applied Mechanics or Aerospace Engineering with 2+ years of Engineering related experience
• In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
• Knowledge of engineering materials and processes.
• Knowledge of basic stress and strain theory.
• Experience with 3D CAD solid modeling software packages (NX preferred)
• Effective communication and presentation skills in English (verbal and written).
• When needed, must be capable of obtaining a US Department of Defense (DoD) security clearance. Candidate selected will be subject to a government security investigation/reinstatement and must meet eligibility requirements.
• Candidate must be a U.S Citizen.
• Experience in the Aerospace industry.
• Knowledge of tolerance analysis and application of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) principles.
• Experience in performing finite element analysis for stress, vibration, determination of low cycle fatigue life and residual life (fracture mechanics) prediction.
• Experience with modeling and simulation software including ANSYS, NASTRAN, ABAQUS, LS-Dyna, PATRAN, Hypermesh, NX, PTC-CREO.
• Experience with programing languages / scripting including Python, C++, Fortran, VBA, MATLAB, APDL.
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace makes modern flight possible. Of course, that wouldn’t be possible without the capabilities and technologies of our organization, as well as our engineers – a highly skilled, accomplished network that spans more than 180 sites, 24 countries and 6 Strategic Business Units (SBUs).
Our industry-leading experts are setting the standards for the aerospace industry and paving the way for the future. But as new challenges present themselves, we need fresh, creative, and motivated minds to overcome these hurdles, help us break barriers and achieve new levels of innovation.
In January 2021, Collins Aerospace expanded a new Global Engineering Center (GEC) facility in Puerto Rico, with plans to hire more than 250 employees over the next 5 years at our Aguadilla site.
Join our growing engineering team in Puerto Rico, where you will provide critical support to Collins SBUs – including our Mission Systems and Power & Controls teams – working on exciting programs and projects ranging from the development of the next generation of advanced concept ejection seats to the latest technologies for the U.S. warfighter.
Do you have what it takes to be a part of a global, diverse organization that doesn’t shy away from big opportunities? If so, we invite you to join our ranks and create the next generation of aerospace technologies.
Together, we will nurture an engineering culture that values intellectual curiosity, risk takers and integrity. A place where we will challenge ourselves, our teams and the status quo, and where we will work to find a way – the right way – to achieve what others can only dream of.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation: inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
• Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
• Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
• Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
• Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
• Participation in the Employee Scholar Program (ESP)
• Life insurance and disability coverage
• Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 8 free counseling sessions
• And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
• Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
• Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other -- propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Jobs in Puerto Rico Puerto Rico
Structures Engineer II Puerto Rico jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.