HERE Technologies Salzburg Austria
2 months ago
What's the role?
About Foundation Engineering Team
Foundation Engineering team shape a design & content for our HERE core product called UniMap what is a new solution .
This is a platform that enables the creation of mapping products that are highly available, performant, and near real-time.
As a Software Engineer, you will be a major contributor on the team to deliver digital maps to major automakers, for e.g.
BMWs, VWs, Audi, Daimler. You will work on a technology to collect and process road information from many sources, terabytes of data, including car sensors from millions of cars on the road.
Our services convert this input into a digital map which is delivered back to the cars and used for navigation, driver assistance and even Autonomous Driving.
As a Software Engineer in the Foundation Engineering team you will work self-sustained in an agile team. Your responsibilities will cover developing, extending, and maintaining services that process data for... HERE’s UniMap solution.
Who are you?
• Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science / Information Systems or equivalent
• Previous software development experience your skills will help us to accommodate you to a desire job designation. From entry-level up to Principal Engineer, and beyond.
• Excellent applied skills in Java and / or Scala programming, in combination with backend architectures, messaging technologies and related frameworks
• Cloud Experience (AWS / Azure / IBM / Oracle)
• Strong and applied experience in REST based web service technologies, JSON and XML, SOA and micro services architectures
• Strong and applied DBMS & SQL skills, with a strong preference on PostgreSQL / PostGIS
• Strong and applied AWS skills (EC2, S3, RDS,Lambda), as well as experience with virtualization tools like Docker, Kubernetes
• Strong experience CI / CD tools, with a preference on GitLab
• Good knowledge of using issue tracking tools (e.g., JIRA), code collaboration tools (e.g., Git / GitLab) and team collaboration tools (e.
g., Confluence / Wiki).
• Good knowledge of Linux / Unix familiar with shell scripting
• Able to translate business and architectural features into quality, consistent software design
• Solid knowledge of programming practices, strive to write great code that is reusable, flexible, and reliable.
• Strong quality mindset is considered a must : unit testing, performance testing, writing testable code
• Self-motivated, well-organized, details-oriented and a strong team player with an agile mindset
What do we offer?
• Challenging problems to solve and work that makes a difference in the world
• Cutting edge and modern technologies
• Fantastic & talented people from 60+ countries worldwide
• Opportunities to learn and grow : company hackathons, technical talks, and trainings
• Flexible working hours & flexible approach for office vs. remote work
• Meal Vouchers, Medical cover for you and your family, Vision Support
• Competitive salary plus yearly variable bonus
• This role is eligible for Creative Tax Incentive scheme in Poland or KUP (Autorskie Koszty Uzyskania Przychodu)
As part of HERE Technologies employment process, candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process.
This offer and any related claims are subject to the successful completion of a pre-employment screening. This will involve employment, education, and criminal verification if applicable
Sr/Lead Software Engineer, Java/Scala Salzburg jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.