TriStar Summit Medical Center
TriStar Summit Medical Center Hermitage TN United States
4 months ago
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Paramedic today with TriStar Summit Medical Center.
TriStar Summit Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
• Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
• Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
• Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
• Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
• Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
• 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan
• Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
• Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
• Colleague recognition program
• Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Paramedic. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
A Paramedic in the Emergency Department is responsible for direct and indirect patient care while under the direction and orders of a physician based on the Scope of Practice guidelines per Tennessee Division of EMS and hospital policies and procedures. The paramedic must interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to his or her age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the department’s policies and procedures. This is completed through evaluation via direct observation, simulation or discussed verbally or via written format. Competency can also be evaluated by a formal peer review process and/or by self-assessment based on objective criteria that is reviewed and validated.
What you will do in this role:
• Assesses and corrects any safety risks and/or non-compliance with regulatory standards in the clinical environment. Provides and ensures patient safety at all times.
• Performs procedures, monitoring or other functions as ordered by the medical provider(s). Documents the administration of care in the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
• Performs the administration of prescribed medications per policy and notifies the provider and intervenes as appropriate in the event of an unintended response to medication.
• Assists in the management of clinical quality by collaborating with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate, evaluate, customize and deliver a holistic patient treatment plan that promotes and supports recovery.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and adherence to the principles of patient privacy and security of protect health information.
• Contributes to the teamwork essential to ensuring quality patient care.
What qualifications you will need:
• Graduate of an accredited EMT-Paramedic training program
• A minimum of one-year of continuous experience on an Advanced Life Support Ground Unit as an EMT-P. Experience must reflect general knowledge in pre-hospital medicine principles and practice skills
• A minimum of one-year emergency services experience in a hospital setting preferred
• Associates Degree in Applied Sciences
• Current EMT-Paramedic licensure to practice as a paramedic in the state of Tennessee
• Nationally Registered EMT-Paramedic (NREMT-P)
• BLS(current), ACLS & PALS Required within 6 months of hire date
• Critical Care Paramedic Certification
• BTLS/PHTLS Preferred
• De-Escalation Training (ex. CPI) required within 6 months of hire date
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
TriStar Summit is a 200 bed comprehensive facility. We serve Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties. We include a Level III Trauma Center. We offer a full array of acute care services. These include cardiology, oncology, orthopaedics/spine, rehabilitation and women’s services. We are an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI. We are a Primary Stroke Center. TriStar Summit is a leading provider of emergency heart and stroke care.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Paramedic opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Hermitage TN USA
Jobs in Hermitage TN United States
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.