Abbott Laboratories Gretna LA United States
2 months ago
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and your family, be your true self, and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
• Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
• Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
• An excellent retirement savings plan with a high employer contribution
• Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program, and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
• A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune. A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as the best place to work for diverse, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The position of DOT GC-LC/MS Operator/Transcriptionist is within Toxicology located at Gretna, LA at Alere Toxicology Services.
In this role, the individual will be responsible for operating a Gas Chromatograph/Mass Spectrometer and LC-MS/MS for confirmatory testing following the SAMHSA mandatory guidelines and those of other regulatory organizations for all non-negative test results. This job also requires the individual to perform QC duties.
What You’ll Work On
• Process regulated samples that fall under SAMHSA/DOT regulations and are subject to interviews during NLCP inspection and/or audits
• Operation of the GC/MS and/or LC-MS/MS instruments
• Perform initial review of data
• Preparation and extraction of samples for GC/MS and LC-MS/MS confirmation; as needed
• Operate lab equipment necessary to perform extraction; as needed
• Prepare validation samples for new controls, calibrators, and reagents
• Documentation of QC validation results
• Storage of supplies and disposal of empty boxes; as needed
• Adhere to all security procedures for ensuring the confidentiality of donor information
• Must comply with company policies
• If the employee has worked in a laboratory for >6 years and has a bachelor’s degree in science (>4 years with a master’s degree), the individual may qualify as a supervisor.
8:00 pm-4:30 am
Saturday to thursday
(split days off on Tuesday and Friday)
• BS degree in science or equivalent related field
• Advanced ability to understand analytical techniques and procedures
• Advanced ability to understand laboratory instrumentation
• Ability to understand certification requirements for SAMHSA, CAP-FUDT, and other regulatory bodies
• Advanced ability to understand the function of a Laboratory Information System (LIS) and other laboratory computer systems
• Ability to lift and/or move 25 pounds
• Ability to have full-body movement
• Must have vision and hearing corrected to meet minimum acceptable norms
Mental/ Reasoning Requirements:
• Math and reasoning ability to develop and communicate laboratory procedures and reports
• Ability to cope with stress due to production obligations
• Ability to read and comprehend the SOP, Federal (49 CFR Part 40), and CAP-FUDT guidelines
• Ability to transcribe data in a legible handwriting
• Ability to communicate with other employees and supervisors
• Ability to provide input and recommendations on operations
• Climate-controlled office and testing laboratory environment
• May be potential exposure to toxic or hazardous materials
• Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: www.abbottbenefits.com
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at www.abbott.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/Abbott, and Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal
Gretna LA USA
Jobs in Gretna LA United States
Forensic Scientist Data Review II (NDOT and DOT) Gretna jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.