Varian Springfield MO United States
2 months ago
Together, we can beat cancer.
At Varian, a Siemens Healthineers Company, we bring together the world's best talent to realize our vision of a world without fear of cancer. Together, we work passionately to develop and deliver easy-to-use, efficient oncology solutions...
We are part of an incredible community of scientists, clinicians, developers, researchers, professionals, and skilled specialists pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, to improve people’s lives around the world. We embrace a culture of inclusivity in which the power and potential of every individual can be unleashed. We spark ideas that lead to positive impact and continued success.
If you want to be part of this important mission, we want to hear from you.
Works at the clinic site in collaboration with the Cancer Care Leadership to ensure high quality and safe interpretation, delivery, operation, and monitoring of radiation safety policies, procedures, standards, and equipment for Radiation Oncology Services. Responsible for ensuring delivery of high-quality radiation therapy while providing staff with the proper education and training and oversight to minimize radiation exposure. Implements and abides by Customer Service Standards. Supports and implements patient safety and other safety practices as appropriate. Supports and demonstrates Family-Centered Care principles when interacting with patients and their families and with co-workers.
• Calibration of dose meters (including dosimetric inter-comparisons for QA) and radiation equipment (accelerator monitor unit calibration) Beam data acquisition for treatment planning
• Preparation of data for treatment planning systems Development/improvement of dose measurement systems and protocols and software for dosimetry purposes (including spreadsheets and databases)
• Ensures compliance with Federal, State and organizational regulations for radiation safety.
• Participates in development of organizational Performance Improvement activities, policies and procedures, standards of practice to meet required regulatory requirements.
• Assists in Acceptance testing and commissioning of new machines and acceptance testing and re-commissioning after major maintenance
• Performs individual treatment planning, dosimetry calculations, and treatment planning reviews (physics component)
• Provides physics consultation to all radiation oncology personnel and radiation oncologist concerning aspects of patient care and treatment
• Ensure routine verification of department treatment planning system.
• Collaborates with information services department, provides software management of department planning system
• Assists in the planning and shielding calculations for new radiation facilities and programs.
• Interprets and prepares documentation summary of regulatory changes for integration into departmental operations
• Provides dosimetry checks following source changes.
• Assists with the selection and acquisition of sources for permanent implant techniques
• In collaboration with department director and Physics director participates in clinical education, training, and competency evaluations for medical physics, Dosimetry, and therapy staff.
• Willing to relocate to Springfield, MO or surrounding area
• M.S. or PhD (preferred) in Medical Physics, or a closely related field, required.
• Minimum of 3-5 years clinical experience in addition to a CAMPEP-accredited residency.
• Candidates who have passed the Part-I and (possibly) part-II ABR Exams preferred
• Experience with High Dose Rate (HDR) and Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) programs preferred.
• Computer system administration experience with patient record and verify database applications desirable.
• Certification in Radiation Oncology Physics by the American Board of Radiology (ABR) or other alternative certifying body.
• Candidates who are not certified have to be eligible for board certification and must achieve this status within 3 years of hire.
• Must apply for and maintain relevant State licensing and/or registration as required for working as a medical physicist at the clinical site and to do so in a timely manner
Fighting cancer calls for big ideas.
We envision a world without fear of cancer. Achieving this vision takes dedication and commitment from all of us, every single day. That's why we celebrate and value the distinctly beautiful and intersectional identities of each of our employees. We are a mirror of our patient-base, which allows us to innovate. Big ideas come from everywhere, and the best ideas are fostered by our unique individual experiences. At Varian, we encourage you to bring your whole self to work and believe your bold and authentic perspective will help to power more victories over cancer.
Springfield MO USA
Jobs in Springfield MO United States
Sr. Medical Physicist (Springfield, MO) jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.