NORR Chicago IL United States
2 months ago
Disclaimer: Please note that the estimated pay range that is provided on various social media sites may not be representative of NORR's range for this position.
NORR is an employee-owned global architecture and engineering firm. Our multi-disciplinary team of 800 professionals is active in 12 market sectors across Canada, the US, UK and UAE. We believe the ultimate success of any project is... driven by people. It involves a team of highly passionate and skilled designers working towards a unified goal, drawing on the integrated thinking of colleagues, partners and clients. Our collaborative approach results in design solutions and programs that are holistic and make our clients successful. With an 85-year history, we continue to build on our deep experience to advance design through technology, sustainable practices and the pursuit of excellence.
NORR’s Hospitality team dreams big. Whether collaborating with a major hotel brand for the design of a cutting-edge, modern hotel concept or designing a custom boutique hotel in an urban setting, we bring the highest level of design standards and blend this with specific local requirements to successfully deliver high-quality solutions.
For more information on the types of hospitality projects we have been involved in please go here.
As an Architect, you will apply and integrate technical detailing and material technologies to develop design solution into a concise set of construction documents. Using your ability to analyze and understand design intent you will produce efficient and effective technical design solutions. You will work with members of the design team to develop design solutions appropriate to the context, budget, and aesthetic requirements of architectural projects. You will use your knowledge of detailing, building materials, building codes, and construction technologies to collaborate with other professional disciplines and have opportunities to coordinate the design through all phases of the project.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops technical designs and edits architectural drawings to ensure an exemplary solution is delivered that meets quality parameters, project timelines, and budgetary requirements.
• Performs design activities such as programming, code research, material and building systems research, laying out program components, and calculation of program and building areas
• Evaluates site conditions and performs site surveys
• Reviews project products, services, and shop drawings
• Processes permit response letters and coordinates revisions with engineers and consultants to obtain necessary documentation and permits
• Coordinates with contractor, sub-consultants, or relevant building authorities to address and document issues with constructability or owner concerns
• Experience in all phases of the project cycle is required
• Architectural design software skills including Revit, AutoCAD and other architectural design software
• Familiarity with MEP and Structural building systems and building codes is required
• Have successfully completed related post-secondary education
• Registered with a relevant professional architectural association is an asset
• 5-7 years of project work experience
• experience in Hospitality sector
Chicago IL USA
Jobs in Chicago IL United States
Architectural Designer, Hospitality Chicago jobs
Copyright © 2023 Fonolive. All rights reserved.