Loading...

@

  • jobs
  • 3 days ago

jobs description

Company Description

Harnessing the power of the modern media landscape to drive one-to-one consumer engagement at scale, Publicis Media creates value for clients through global media agency brands and scaled capabilities across investment, strategy, insights and analytics, data and technology, commerce, performance marketing and content.

Job Description

Main Purpose of Job

To negotiate, buy and place client media, using correct rates with the correct Media Owners and ensuring right and accurate documentation to allow for invoicing.

Responsibilities:
• Account Management
• Responsible for delivery of buying service on portfolio
• Attend client/team/status meetings
• Maintain key stakeholder relationships (agencies, brands, client portfolios)
• Develop negotiation strategy on client portfolio
• Media Buying, Administration & Budget Management
• No PO, No Booking
• Implement the approved media plan across all mediums
• Provide clear briefing to media owner sales representatives
•... Negotiate the best deals in terms of efficiency, effectiveness, price, quality and value added opportunities of the agreed media plan if not already included
• Strive for optimal savings on all media buying
• Issuing of chase lists to Creative Agencies / Client
• Liaising with Creative Agencies – flighting codes / material etc.
• Ensure that media schedule rates match the media flowplan
• Check all contracts timeously and flag discrepancies with planner immediately
• Check that monthly billings match expectation created by PO’s and/or flowplan and highlight discrepancies and corrections to campaign managers/media planner/BUD where applicable to enable them to correctly update their plans and PO trackers
• Supply alternative TV spots to planner where applicable and book alternatives within 48 hrs
• Amend or cancel bookings as and when required by Client, re-negotiating deals in order to avoid penalties wherever possible
• Negotiate maximum compensation for non-adherence to booking parameters or poor quality reproduction
• Respond to ad hoc buying requests from Client and planners
• Provide Resources with all relevant documentation for billing purposes, including signed Cost Estimate, Purchase Order, Signed Schedule, Updated plans from Planners/Campaign managers, Proof of Service and/or other approvals.
• 80% of Billings to be invoiced by billing closure and remaining 20% by no later than the 26th of every month
• Adherence to billing deadlines
• Weekly timesheets completion
• Adhere to audit and process protocol
• Respond to all Resources queries within 48 hours

Time Allocation

Publicis = 5%

Client= 90%

Industry= 5%

KPA’s
• Buying Media
• Billing Accuracy
• Process /Audit Compliance
• Negotiation
• Admin/Filing Management
• Self Improvement/Training /Intern Mentoring
• Timesheet completion
• Financial Performance: Cash no more than 9.5% of book outstanding
• Client appraisals at 80% average and not less than 70% for Buying, Invoicing and Training.

Key Interfaces:
• Buying Manager
• Business Unit Director
• Media Owners
• Creative Agencies
• Planners/Clients
• Finance/Resources

Key Competencies/Skills.
• Accuracy
• Able to communicate on all levels
• Relationships
• Systematic
• Resilience and ability to work under pressure
• Strong administrative skills and attention to detail
• Aptitude for numbers
• Negotiation and problem solving skills
• Accountability
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team

Timeline Expectations:
• Booking completed
• Within 2 working days depending on complexity.
• Chaselists
• Within 24 hours where the booking and material deadline has expired and within 48hrs for all other deadlines.
• Copy Instructions, Booking Instructions,
• Within 1 working day for all expired booking material deadlines and 48hrs for everything else.
• ATL billing
• As per deadline grid shared by Buying Manager or as directed by CFO
• Digital billing
• In arrears within the first two weeks of the next month (by the 10th), provided post campaigns and invoices have been received and packs complete.

Qualifications

Degree or Diploma in Media Studies

Additional Information
Sandton South Africa

salary-criteria

Apply - Media Buyer Sandton