CDL-A Dedicated Yard Switcher Dedicated/supply chain drivers enjoy the many privileges that come with having consistent customers. Unlike some driver positions, this one gives you a better idea of the number of miles and hours each week holds, which means you'll have a better idea of what to expect in every paycheck. And because you know your customers and their typical freight load, you'll never be surprised or slowed down by unusual shipments.
CDL-A Dedicated Yard Switcher Benefits:
* Competitive pay:
* Starting pay is $19 / hour
* Top out pay of $20/ hour reached within one year
* Average $1,050 per week/ average $54,600 annually
* Average 50 hours per week; overtime paid at time and a half after 40 hours
* Home every day!
* Monday - Friday; some Saturday work during peak season (8 months out of the year)
* 2nd shift (subject to change)
* Switchers will operate yard tractors at the customers location, positioning trailers in and out of the docks
* Could potentially do some driver pickups; must have CDL-A
* Paid time off including 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
* Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $93.95/week for family plans and $36.95/week for individual plans
* Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
* Profit Sharing plan allows you to share in the rewards of our efforts, with a portion of our profits given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
* Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
* Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership
Ready to make a change? APPLY NOW to be an Averitt CDL-A Dedicated Yard Switcher!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.