FT FDA - Flex Shift - Franchise Orlando Job Requirements
Front Desk Agent/Guest Services Agent Embassy Suites Orlando Downtown
Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations, assigning room, and issuing and activating room key. Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit. Process all check-outs including resolving any late and disputed charges. Answer, record, and process all guest calls, messages, requests, questions, or concerns. Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors and dispatch bell staff or valet staff as needed. Supply guests with directions and information regarding property and local areas of interest. Run daily reports (number of arrivals, departures), identify any special requests, and check reports for accuracy. Complete designated cashier and closing reports in the computer system. Cash guests' personal checks and traveler's checks. Count bank at the beginning and end of... shift. Balance and drop receipts according to accounting specifications. Flex shifts and occasional coverage for Overnight Night Audit Shifts.
Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests' service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
Duties and Responsibilities: Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly. Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately. Must work well in stressful, high pressure situations. Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary. Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests. Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions. Must maintain composure and objectivity while under pressure. Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service oriented manner. Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper uniform and name tag when working. Maintain attendance standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel. Comply at all times with regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations. Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times. Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk. Maintain proper operation of the telephone switchboard. Handle requests for information, mail and messages in an efficient and courteous manner. Answer guest inquiries about hotel service, facilities and hours of operation. Answer inquiries from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc. Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow employees and other departments within the hotel. Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions; be familiar with all in house groups; be aware of closed out and restricted dates. Establish proficiency in hotel operating systems
· Assists in preregistration and blocking of rooms for reservations.
· Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notification housekeeping of all check outs, late checkouts, early check-ins, special requests, and day use rooms.
· Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
· Maintains guest room key storage, and maintains and supervises access to safe deposit boxes. Operates standard office equipment Maintain all online trainings to be current Have knowledge of hotel layout and times of operations for services and outlets Log Lost and Found material and assist guests with locating, retrieval process Be familiar with all policies and house rules as well as hospitality terminology. Have knowledge of and assist in emergency procedures as required. Handle check-ins and check-outs in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner. Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system. Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, vendors, visitors, supervisors, managers and all other employees. Keep work area clean and stocked Follow all standard operating policys as outlined in Bay Star Associate Handbook
· Any other duties assigned by management, in a professional and timely manner.
Requirements: Flexible and long hours sometimes required. Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. Ability to stand during entire shift. Basic computer skills Required, and must have open availability, weekends, and holidays. Ability to read, speak, and understand the English language. Relief overnight shifts as needed
Disclaimer This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotels employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee Orlando FL USA
FT FDA - Flex Shift - Franchise Orlando Hilton Technologies Orlando