Substitute Teacher - Northeast Houston Start substitute teaching with Scoot, and join a mission-led organization whose purpose is to *create exceptional experiences in education*. We get up every day striving to achieve the goal of '*right teacher, right classroom, right time*'.
Scoot Education is hiring exceptional substitute teachers across the Northeast region of Houston. Having been established in California for four school years, and grown to have multiple offices and regions up and down the state, we are excited to be expanding to Houston, Texas, to extend our impact within school communities across the US.
We are opening the doors of our office in June, and our founding team can't wait to begin on-boarding educators ahead of the 2021/22 school year. We are welcoming applications from educators living in, or accessible to East & Northeast Houston, Atascocita, Humble, Kingwood & The Woodlands.Â
Check out our website - *www.scoot.education* - to learn more about us, and why you should consider becoming part of the Scoot team.
* have a background in and/or passion for education
* value learning above all else
* put students first and celebrate their success
* possess a growth mindset and empathetic nature
* are driven and hungry to be the best you can be
* make all decisions based on our mission and BE GREAT values
* prioritize training & development of our substitutes
* talk to our educators daily because we care about them
* listen to your needs + preferences before matching you with assignments
* put learning outcomes and authentic relationships ahead of financial outcomes
*A successful Scoot sub:*
* Reliable, punctual, and professional
* Builds relationships with students, staff and school community
* Brings a high level of competency, common sense, and fun
* Flexible and shows initiative especially in high-stress situations
* Continuously reflects & seeks feedback to become a better educator
*Youâll need to provide:*
* Background Check
* Recent references
* Teaching certificate, where applicable
*Youâll get paid:*
Weâre proud to pay subs the following rates for day-to-day assignments:
* Substitute Teaching Roles = $100-120/day
* Support Roles (Teaching Assistant, 1-to-1 aide etc) = $85-95/day
* Plus, the opportunity to earn 10% or more on top of these daily rates for long-term assignments!
*Why youâll enjoy working with Scoot:*
* Join a team of elite substitute educators
* Direct deposits weekly
* W-2 employee of Scoot, meaning no fussing with taxes!
* 100% flexible work schedule - no minimum commitment so you decide when to work
* Devoted, awesome Consultants providing personalized support
* Training to prepare you for the classroom - -ask us about ScootCamp!
* Invitations to happy hours + social events
* People are our entire reason for being. Weâre an educational staffing company specializing in helping teachers--for free!
* We are tech-driven, but human-enabled. Weâre local, but come with 15+ years of global expertise. We understand urgency, value diversity, and we have heart.
* We are dedicated to helping create exceptional experiences in education.
* We care about developing meaningful relationships with you and the community as well as striving to "BE GREAT" every day.
*Our âBE GREATâ values are:* belief, exceptional, growth, relationships, empower, attitude, team.
*We canât wait to hear from you! Apply:* www.scoot.education/jobs/substitute
*Keywords:* Kinder, Early Years, Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle, High, SpEd, Special Ed, Resource Specialist, IEP, Paraprofessional, Teaching Aide, Teaching Assistant, Instructional Assistant, Campus Aide, Yard Supervisor, Math, Science, STEM, English, ELA, History, Social Studies, PE, Physical Education, Music, Art, Drama, Theatre Studies, Texas, TX, Houston, East Houston, Northeast Houston, Atascocita, Humble, Kingwood, The Woodlands, Kashmere Gardens, Greater Fifth Ward, Cloverleaf, Sheldon, Summerwood, Mt Houston, Dyersdale, Crosby, Barrett, Highlands, Summerwood, Harmaston