Line Controller/Lead - Weekend Shift-Sign On Bonus Job Details
We are always looking for talented, hardworking people to join the E.A. Sween family.
We are a family-oriented company that understands the significance of our employees and we are successful because of our incredibly committed team. We are seeking a dedicated individual to join our team as a Line Controller-Lead- Weekend Shift. Hours of operation are Friday-Saturday 6am-630pm. Starting Pay is 20.50, plus a $1.00 per hour for the Weekend Shift Differential.
Currently have a $1000.00 sign on bonus which we pay out $250.00 at 30 days, $250.00 at 60 days, and $500.00 at 120 days.
Take a Virtual Tour and see what it looks like out on the production floor at EA Sween Company and learn more about our amazing company: https://vimeo.com/528352764/88eb84e77e (https://vimeo.com/528352764/88eb84e77e)
Come Join the Team today!
E.A. Sween is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Take initiative to lead the line by insuring that all employees on the team are working together to accomplish goals. Responsible for production line efficiencies, minimal waste and following standard work at all times. Complete work orders according to standards. Monitor machine, labels, film and sandwiches to produce a high quality product at efficient levels of manufacturing.
1. Safety and Health
* Wear necessary safety gear provided such as: ear plugs and cut resistant gloves.
* Successfully complete the mandatory E.A. Sween Quarterly Safety Training sessions for the purpose of complying with both OSHA regulations and E.A. Sween policy.
2. Quality/Food Safety
* Execute assigned food safety, quality and continuous improvement activities to support SQF requirements, regulatory requirements and our customers requirements.
* Assists in opening rejects following written procedure, focusing on GMPs.
* Fills line sanitizer hand dip stations prior to start up with fresh sanitizer. Empties and refills sanitizer at every break and/or when sanitizer becomes cloudy.
* Follow good manufacturing rules such as; sanitize hands, do not touch the floor, etc.
3. Cost (Continuous Improvement)
* Contribute to Lean activities.
* Works together with production employees, as well as, Supervisor, Lead and Mechanic to assemble the lowest cost, highest quality product possible.
4. Standard Work
* Safely operate all line equipment according to recipe line speeds and standard work to insure line efficiencies are met and waste is minimized
* Assists in preparing the production line for startup with regard to materials and equipment.
* Inspect all sandwiches to insure they are properly prepared for final packaging and labeling.
* Quickly identify and properly address any deviations resulting from employees not following standard work on the line.
* Adjust speed of equipment when necessary to maintain quality product and efficient production.
* Be able to read and verify the work order.
* Scans or oversees all materials are added to the work order.
* V erify accuracy of material scans to work orders.
* D ocument start and end times of each period and record accurate downtime or meeting minutes on the work order and in Redzone software.
* Properly turn off equipment before each break and at the end of the day.
* Verify the material you are using is correct by looking at the recipe and properly filling out the recipe verification sheet.
* Must meet 100% fill rate standards
* Must change top/bottom film, labels, printer, Julian date
* Support the Spirit, Purpose and Vision of E. A. Sween Company
* Communicate effectively with Leads and/or Supervisor throughout the day for any changes or issues that may arise.
* Assist in providing a friendly positive work environment.
* Must be dependable, have good attendance, and have no GMP/safety violations, or disciplinary actions (in the last 12 months)
* Must be at least 18 years of age to operate equipment Require High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* Require previous assembly work and knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
* Must have mechanical aptitude working with machinery
* Must be meeting or exceeding standards in current production position for a minimum of 3 months (for internal applicants)
* Must be able to read and effectively communicate in English
* Must be able to moderately lift 50 lbs.
* All hires will need to successfully pass a drug screen and background check
* Previous food related experience
* Must be able to be on feet majority of the day
* Must be able to bend, twist, turn, push, pull
* Must be able to reach overhead moderately
* Must be able to moderately lift 50 lbs.
* Must be able to keep up with manufacturing speeds
* Must be able to work in cool conditions, 35 - 45 degrees
* Must be able to properly perform and rotate to all positions on the line
* 401K with Company Match
* STD/LTD Plans
* Life Insurance
* Employee Managed Time (EMT)
* Paid Holidays
To keep our employees and guests safe, we have implemented temperature/visual screening upon entry, have face masks available upon request and are sanitizing work stations daily.
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Line Controller/Lead - Weekend Shift-Sign On Bonus E. A. Sween Company Falcon Heights