Officer Research -Kampala Capital City Authority ABOUT THE COMPANY
The Public Service Commission is established under the provisions of Article 165(1) of the 1995 Constitution. In fulfillment of its functions under Article 166, the Commission is required to make a report to Parliament in respect of each years performance of its functions.
Under Article 166 (4) of the same Constitution, Parliament is required by law to empower the Public Service Commission to make regulations for the effective and efficient performance of its functions.
This is in addition to the provisions of Article 251 (1) which empowers the Commission to regulate its own procedure or confer powers or impose duties on any officer or authority of the Government for the purpose of discharging its functions.
In light of the above, a draft Public Service Commission Bill has been prepared and submitted to the Cabinet for approval.
Currently the Public Service Commission Regulations guide the Commission in the carrying out of its functions in addition to other... relevant regulations such as the Standing Orders, Establishment Notices and Circulars that guide the management of the Public Service in general.
Minimum QualificationApplicants should be Ugandans holding an Honours Bachelor's Degree in either Statistics, or Economics, or Commerce, or Development Studies, or Social Sciences, or Urban Planning, or any other related field from a recognized University or Institution. Specialized training in research methods will be an added advantage.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years working experience at Assistant Officer or Officer level in Government or a reputable organization.
1. Executing the approved research agenda in line with KCCA policies and procedures.2. Compiling and providing requisite information for updating and synchronizing the issues to constitute the research agenda of the KCCA on an annual basis.
3. Collecting and collating data/information used for policy development and decision making.
4. Preparing research reports for dissemination to stakeholders for policy and process improvement in line with identified needs and research agenda.
5. Analyzing trends in different KCCA functions and generating reports in line with Divisional guidelines
6. Maintaining a data bank of intelligence information in line with department guidelines.
7. Formulating and supporting identification of sources of funding for research projects.
8. Implementing a system for adoption of research innovations in line with KCCA Annual Statutory Performance Agreement.
9. Conducting market feasibility studies for new projects and new services in KCCA in line with corporate objectives.
10. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Modelling (research), Research and development, Research planning, Qualitative methods, Quantitative methods
Bachelor's degree Kampala Uganda
Officer Research -Kampala Capital City Authority The Public Service Commission (Uganda) Kampala