Radiologic Technologist-72102 Alt?nda?/Ankara POSITION SUMMARY
The Radiologic Technologist works under the direction of the radiologists and the supervisor while performing a variety of radiological procedures as well as functions relative to the scope of diagnostic imaging services. May be assigned to a variety of hospital or clinic locations depending on the needs of the department.
Performed majority of the time
· Performs all general radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures relative to job assignment and location.
· Perform all general radiographic and fluoroscopic procedures in surgical services and other hospital departments as assigned.
· Utilizes R.I.S. and EMR to complete diagnostic imaging functions.
· Maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the procedure rooms and surrounding areas.
· Follows procedures set by the PACS administrator for management of patient records.
· Informs supervisor or designated person of supplies needed.
· Participates in taking call to perform... after hours exams on call back basis as requested by staff radiologist or imaging supervisor not limited to but including, nights, weekends, and or holidays.
· Practices sterile techniques if relative to job assignment.
· Instructs radiography students in support of their education, if applicable.
Performed occasionally but critical to successful performance of the job:
· Participate in orientation and education of new technologists.
· Performs QC and QA as indicated
Decision making and budget responsibilities (e.g. impact limited to the employee, entire unit or organization-wide):
· Decision impact limited to the employee.
· No budget responsibilities.
Assigned direct reports (not limited to the ones listed). If not applicable, please enter N/A:
· Graduated from an accredited program in medical radiography or radiologic sciences strongly preferred.
· Clinical experience strongly preferred.
· Previous hospital or radiologic clinic experience.
Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations:
· Temporary or permanent Oregon State Board of Medical Imaging Licensure in the practice of Radiography.
o Temporary licenses are understood to be used by students completing an approved course of training and will be converted to permanent status upon obtaining ARRT certification.
· Registration with American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) within 90 days of hire date or within 90 days of graduation from an approved imaging school.
· Current Healthcare Provider BLS required within 90 days of hire.
Job Related Skills, Abilities and Behaviors:
· Use effective communication skills with coworkers and customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
· Demonstrates professional appearance and proper personal conduct for the employee's particular job.
· Demonstrates excellent customer service skills.
· Uses effective communication skills taking into consideration body language, filters, listening, paraphrasing, and questions with customers of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
· Exhibits knowledge in operation of all departmental radiological and fluoroscopic equipment relative to job assignment.
· Follows procedure and technique manuals to meet standards set forth by the radiologists
· Correctly operates image processing equipment.
· Follows proper procedure for blood and body fluid precautions.
· Bilingual skills a plus.
At OHSU Tuality Healthcare, an OHSU Health partner, it's an honor and a privilege to serve those near us. That's why since our beginnings in 1918, and as we expand our strong network of services through our clinical affiliation with OHSU Health, we continue to be committed to providing the best health care possible and a valued community partner. Our affiliation with OHSU Health brings the advanced medical resources of Oregons only academic health center, which allows local providers to receive guidance from some of the countrys top specialists and pass that expertise on to our patients where they can be cared for in their community.
OHSU Tualitys many awards showcase our position as one of the Portland metro areas premier healthcare providers, including our 7th straight year in Top 10 Healthiest Employers in Oregon from The Portland Business Journal, and our 7th straight Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association.Additional Posting Information Tuality Healthcare believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified individuals. Recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, working conditions, training, and compensation will be based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, creed, national origin, marital status, family relationship, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. We further commit ourselves to continuing the practical application of this policy in our daily business conduct.