Quantity Surveyor - Wellington If you want to be associated with a national brand whose unmatched value and quality has gained the trust of many New Zealand home owners, then keep reading. Our clients are movers and shakers in the construction industry and were helping them search for a Quantity Surveyor to join their Wellington team.
As their next Quantity Surveyor, youll maintain a working knowledge of pricing methods, construction methodology, building requirements and an up to date knowledge of the latest materials.
In this role, you will:
· Accurately price and support tender enquiries and respond with pricing relating to supplied specification/schedule within given deadline
· Contribute to selecting tenders for response
· Accurately review any revised drawings and details ensuring that project costings are updated accordingly
· With the Contract managers, manage all costs specific to the job/project
· Price and generate accurate variations and obtain necessary approvals prior to issuing orders to... commence works
· Ensure all claims and invoicing are completed in a timely manner
· Ensure all client invoicing and payment documents are provided for inclusion into the finance system on a timely basis
· Ensure client queries are answered effectively, promptly, and appropriately. This includes client negotiations for pricing, claims and variations
· Comply with the Health and Safety Policy Statement and OHS Management System at all times
Based in Wellington, this is a full-time opportunity with plenty of action. This role needs someone whose customer-centric approach, strong accuracy and industry knowledge makes for fast actions and results.
Heres what we need from you:
· Minimum of four years experience in the residential construction industry
· Relevant tertiary qualification in Quantity Surveying
· Proven working experience in Quantity Surveying
· Computer literate in MS Office including MS Projects
· Good knowledge and understanding of current product ranges
· Excellent communication skills
· Good problem solving and sound decision-making abilities
· Able to work productively in a high-pressure environment
· Be customer focused and able to build positive rapport with others
· Able to adapt to a changing environment and be results focused
Bring your next-level time accuracy skills and construction knowledge horsepower to a role that has plenty of opportunities for you to make your mark on one of New Zealands well-known construction companies.
Nows the time and youre a decisive type, so make your move.
Click Apply and put your best foot forward. Include your most up-to-date resume and cover letter.
Please note: In order to be considered for this position, you must currently reside and have the legal right to work in New Zealand Wellington New Zealand
Quantity Surveyor - Wellington STS Group Wellington