Guest Services Officer Auckland About Stamford Hotels and Resorts
Stamford is one of the largest owner/operator of premium quality hotels in Australia and New Zealand. The group operates a hotel portfolio with nearly 1800 rooms, 1000 employees, and residential assets. At Stamford Hotels and Resorts we understand that our people are our greatest asset. We strive to retain, develop, and reward passionate and success-orientated professionals at all levels. In our pursuit of excellence, we encourage entrepreneurial thinking, challenge the status quo, and inculcate a sense of ownership while fostering an environment of transparency, collaboration, respect, and integrity among our employees, business partners, and the community at large.
As Stamford Plaza Auckland is operating as a Managed Isolation Facility (MIF) to help return kiwis home, to apply for this role all applicants must have or be willing to receive the COVID19 Vaccination upon commencing employment. Successful candidates must also be willing to undertake... mandatory COVID-19 swab every 14 days.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Guest Services Officer to join our Front Office team.
The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, dynamic team player with excellent communication skills and the drive to make a difference. Experience in a similar position in a hotel environment would be an added advantage.
Applicants should be available to work varying shifts, including weekends and public holidays.
- Provide efficient service for guest registration and departure
- Upsell room types where appropriate
- Settle guest accounts, ensuring cashiering is accurate
- Assist with all internal and external queries
- Attend to all incoming calls in a professional and polite manner
- Maintain strict security procedures to ensure guest confidentiality and safety
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience in a similar position in a 5 Star Hotel environment would be preferred.
- A high standard of personal presentation
- A strong customer service focus
- Ability to multitask with a can-do attitude
- Availability to workdays, afternoons, and weekends over a 7-day roster
- Experience in Opera or a similar property management system will be an advantage.
What do we offer...?
As a team member with us you can expect to receive:
- The opportunity to work with industry professionals in an exciting Hotel environment.
- An attractive food and beverage discount program.
- A competitive wage or salary package
- Discounts on health & wellness memberships
- Ongoing training & development Auckland New Zealand