Budget & Programming Associate G6 - Maputo Mozambique . - *WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.** *Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.** *Female and qualified applicants are especially encouraged to apply**
ABOUT WFP ---------
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world **achieve Zero Hunger** in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT ----------------------
The World Food Programme (WFP) in Mozambique, through its Country Strategic Plan (CSP), established a long-term commitment to build resilience against climate shocks for greater food security and nutrition. This is in line with Government... commitments and priorities on Zero Hunger and the 2030 Agenda. The CSP brings together six different programming activities including Emergency response, Adaptation to climate change, Shock Sensitive Social Protection, School Feeding, Support to small holder farmers and nutrition. Under the CSP framework each activity manager has to manage the funds related to his/her respective activity. Consequently the management of the various funding pots, budget lines and contributions, requires the support of a Budget and Programming Associate seconded to Programme Unit to assist the Activity Managers in this task.
JOB PURPOSE -----------
To provide a range of specialised support for efficient planning, monitoring and analysis of project financial performance to enhance optimal use of financial resources.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS ------------------------------- *Education:** University degree or equivalent qualification in the related functional area *Experience:** Experience in the preparation of financial documents, and budget analyses. At least 5 years previous experience in related fields. *Languages:** Fluency in Portuguese language is essential. Working knowledge of English (oral and written.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS ----------------------
Demonstrated integrity in accordance with UN standards values and ethics, Demonstrates basic knowledge of internal controls, risk management, and monitoring mechanisms and their applicability to WFP's critical activities. Analyzes budgets and forecasts to support the development of recommendations on financial and business planning matters Monitors trends in resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders. Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment; Ability to manage, organize, plan and execute tasks in setting priorities and work under pressure to meet frequent and tight deadlines; Communication - Strong skills in oral and written communication.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive) ---------------------------------------- *Under the direct supervision of the Head of Programme, the Budget and Programming Associate will undertake the following tasks:**
- Review budget plans, monitor and analyse project financial performance and make recommendations in compliance with WFP financial policies and procedures and best practices, to support financial analysis and optimisation of resources. - Ensure, in close coordination with other units (Finance, Supply Chain, Field Offices), an efficient management of resources including CS, CBT TC, CBT TV and IA, make sure funds are properly managed, allocated and effectively utilized in a timely manner and according to WFP procedures; - Carry out an analysis of gaps and needs in fund management within programme teams. Develop tools and trainings to address those gaps and support activities managers and their teams in day by day funds mgmt.; - Contribute to the improvement of internal processes, enhancement of corporate systems and design of tools, to facilitate the overall planning, expenditure forecasting, and budget management and monitoring of resource utilisation. - Support forward planning of available funds linked with activity workplans especially for CS, CBT TC, CBT TV and IA and make recommendations to supervisors, ensuring deliverables adhere to the organization standards; - Timely recording of data by performing the FR creation and its proper management; - Review, compile and analyse data, maintain accurate records and files and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports to support accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders (e.g TDD analysis, resource utilization FR Management File), provide weekly status of funds consumption (PRs/POs/Availability) - Provide comprehensive analysis on fund and grant balances identifying surpluses and deficits, and suggest corrective measures, to support maximum fund utilization and decision-making process. - Perform specific wings transactions such as push down of funds, and extract reports of amount of food procured, (whenever is required); - Control the open items that have been pending for an extended period of time and work to ensure its regularization or to close; - Acting as point of contact for resolution of a range of operational queries and problems related to area of responsibility and the system (wings); - Provide guidance to other support staff and contribute to their learning and development in budget planning, fund management and operational planning, to facilitate continued development and consistency in services delivered. - Daily support to Programmes and Field offices colleagues on Fund Management and Wings.; - Follow standard emergency preparedness practices, to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis - Perform other related duties as required;
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Coaches team in the most effective ways to communicate WFPs Strategic Objectives to WFP team and partners in the field. - Be a force for positive change: Implements new methods or tools to improve teams work processes and productivity. - Make the mission inspiring to our team: Maps teams activities and tasks to specific successes in beneficiary communities to showcase positive impact. - Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Explains to teammates how each unit contributes to the overall WFP mission. *People**
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Identifies skill development opportunities such as training modules or on-the-job experiences for self, colleagues and direct reports. - Create an inclusive culture: Facilitates team building activities to build rapport in own unit. - Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Facilitates the pairing of junior colleagues with coaches within own team. - Create an I will/We will spirit: Proactively anticipates potential challenges and develops mitigation plans to ensure that team meets goals and targets. *Performance**
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Identifies opportunities to be creative in own work and to help team be more innovative and accurate in their respective tasks and areas of work. - Focus on getting results: Monitors teams deliverables and provides feedback to ensure outcomes are delivered consistently and accurately. - Make commitments and make good on commitments: Provides accurate guidance to team on expected responsibilities and tasks, whilst also upholding own commitment to the team. - Be Decisive: Sets an example and provides guidance to junior team members on when to escalate issues when faced with challenging issues in the workplace or in the field. *Partnership**
- Connect and share across WFP units: Facilitates partnerships with other WFP units to accomplish missions in the field. - Build strong external partnerships: Sets an example and provides guidance to team on how to build relationships with external partners. - Be politically agile & adaptable: Articulates to colleagues or direct reports the value of contributing to other WFP teams and agency partnerships in fulfilling WFPs goals and objectives. - Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Organizes, monitors, and prioritizes own and teams efforts to ensure that they will fulfill the needs of internal and external partners.
FUNCTIONAL CAPABILITIES ----------------------- *Capability Name** **Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level** **Internal Controls & Compliance** Utilizes understanding of risk management approaches and internal controls to monitor projects and programmes to confirm regulatory compliance and ensure data integrity. **Performance Budgeting, Analysis & Reporting** Analyzes budgets and forecasts to support the development of recommendations for senior leadership on financial and business planning matters in accordance with Value for Money principles. **Resource Management** Monitors trends in staffing and resource usage to anticipate and escalate potential issues to programme leaders. **Performance Management** Displays sufficient understanding of WFP performance management system to gather relevant and accurate information from internal and external sources for inputs to monitoring and/or evaluation processes. **Supply Chain and Operations Knowledge** Demonstrates basic understanding of WFP programme, implementation, and supply chain principles (including project modalities & structures).
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE -------------------------------------------
Has supported the preparation and management of budgets. Has assisted with the monitoring of budgets/resource plans/pipelines/supply chains. Has assisted with budget/allotment related issues within the WFP budget system.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS -------------------- *Contract Type:** Fixed Term *Duty Station:** Maputo
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS ------------------------- *12th June 2021**
. - WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.* No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service Mozambique undefined undefined