Aviation Officer Fixed Term NOB - Bamako Mali JOB TITLE: Aviation Officer NOB ------------------------------- *"At the end of this recruitment, a roster of qualified candidates may be also be estabilished to serve for potential homologuous positions at the same or lower grade throughout WFP Mali Offices"**
DUTY STATION: Bamako --------------------
UNIT / DIVISION: Programme --------------------------
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WFP MANDATE AND INTERVENTIONS IN MALI In Mali, WFP supports government efforts through an... assistance strategy aimed at responding to the humanitarian emergency, strengthening the resilience of communities and supporting sustainable development efforts. In collaboration with state institutions, non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and partners of the United Nations system, WFP organizes cash or in-kind transfers to meet the food needs of families affected by conflicts or hazards , provides school meals that promote girls and boys access to education, supports the prevention and treatment of malnutrition, provides technical and financial support to groups of small agricultural producers to improve their production and access at the market.
WFP also provides the air transport service, providing humanitarian and development actors with safe, reliable and economical transport to the regions of Mopti, Gao, Menaka, Timbuktu and Kayes, which provides access to the most vulnerable populations.The world's largest humanitarian agency also supports the government and its partners, through food and nutrition security analyzes, the provision of logistics services, information and communication technologies.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS ------------------------------- *Education:** Advanced University degree in Aeronautics, Aviation Engineering, Airport Management or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of relevant work experience in aviation. *DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:** ? Experience in technical aircraft, flight operations, or air traffic management sectors. ? Experience using aviation safety information systems to compile data and perform analyses on potential aviation risks. ? Experience identifying Aviation Security threats. ? UNHAS experience *Language:** Fluency in English and French
ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT ----------------------
The incumber of this position will report to the Deputy Chief Aviation Officer in Bamako.
JOB PURPOSE -----------
Contribute to daily planning and coordination of global aviation initiatives or dayto- day aviation operations to ensure that operations and objectives are achieved safely, at optimum value and in full.
1. Contribute to the planning and coordination or activities relating to the safe execution of aviation operations in accordance with WFP and UN AVSTADS (Aviation Standards). 2. Support or manage aviation projects or operational activities applying standard processes, including the appropriate operational risk management processes, to contribute to effective humanitarian air transportation. 3. Provide technical advice to country office to ensure safe aviation operations are incorporated into local program planning and transport arrangements. 4. Collect and analyze a wide range of data from diverse sources through research and networking with colleagues to formulate and recommend actions to senior staff to improve performance of aviation activities and operations. 5. Participate in the on-going review of internal processes and procedures and identify ways to increase the day-to-day efficiencies. 6. Support regular financial analysis and budget reviews, drawing out insights and recommending actions to senior staff to optimize use of available funds. 7. Guide and supervise a limited number of junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with more complex analysis and queries.
8. Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reporting, supporting a WFPwide view of aviation activities that enables informed decision making and detailed reporting to donor representatives. 9. Support the capacity building of WFP staff and partners to safe aviation operations e.g. through the design and review of training materials. 10. Identify and build productive relationships with WFP colleagues and staff within the unit or area of assignment to align activities and enable a coordinated and coherent approach to humanitarian air transportation. 11. Follow emergency aviation preparedness practices to ensure WFP are able to quickly provide passenger services, relief supplies and emergency medical and security evacuations at the onset of a crisis. 12. Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet the required provision of service to the humanitarian community as needed. 13. Other as required.
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Understands WFPs Strategic Objectives and the link to own work objectives. - Be a force for positive change: Flexibly adapts individual contributions to accommodate changes in direction from supervisors and internal/external changes (such as evolving needs of beneficiaries, new requirements of partners). - Make the mission inspiring to our team: Recognizes and shares with team members the ways in which individual contributions relate to WFPs mission. - Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Sets own goals in alignment with WFPs overall operations, and is able to communicate this link to others. *People**
- Look for ways to strengthen people's skills: Assesses own strengths and weaknesses to increase self-awareness, and includes these in conversations on own developmental needs. - Create an inclusive culture: Participates in open dialogue, and values the diverse opinion of others, regardless of background, culture, experience, or country assignment. - Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Proactively seeks feedback and coaching to build confidence, and develop and improve individual skills. - Create an I will/We will spirit: Participates in accomplishing team activities and goals in the face of challenging circumstances. *Performance**
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Shows willingness to explore and experiment with new ideas and approaches in own work. - Focus on getting results: Consistently delivers results within individual scope of work on time, on budget and without errors. - Make commitments and make good on commitments: Commits to upholding individual accountabilities and responsibilities in the face of ever-changing country or functional priorities. - Be Decisive: Makes rational decisions about individual activities when faced with uncertain circumstances, including in times of ambiguity regarding information or manager direction. *Partnership**
- Connect and share across WFP units: Seeks to understand and adapt to internal or cross-unit teams priorities and preferred working styles. - Build strong external partnerships: Demonstrates ability to understand and appropriately respond to and/or escalate needs of external partners. - Be politically agile & adaptable: Portrays an informed and professional demeanor toward internal and external partners and stakeholders. - Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Provides operational support on analyses and assessments that quantifies and demonstrates WFPs unique value as a partner.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS --------------------
This vacancy is open to nationals of Mali only.
The position is a Fixed Term contract for one year renewal
Attractive salary 2,5 days of annual leave per month Maternity/Paternity leave Sick leave 10 Official days Member of United Nations pension fund Medical insurane for staff member and eligible dependants
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS:11.06.2021 ------------------------------------
. - *Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply Mali undefined undefined
Aviation Officer Fixed Term NOB - Bamako Mali WFP - World Food Programme Mali