Spinneys the leading supermarket retailer in the Middle East, with hypermarkets and supermarkets currently operating in Lebanon, Egypt, Qatar, Oman and UAE.
Spinneys was first established in 1924 by Arthur Spinneys in the suburbs of Alexandria Egypt, to provide consumers with a friendly shopping environment where they can find high quality fresh produce, groceries, and baked goods at a fair price.
Spinneys opened its doors to Lebanese shoppers in 1948 in the old Beirut Souks, and went on to expand its stores in Raouche, Verdun, Hamra and Jnah, to offer customers a convenient one-stop shopping experience.
Due to civil war happening in Lebanon at that time, Spinneys stopped their operations in 1976. However, they overcame these challenges, reopened their doors twenty-two years later, and pioneered the concept of hypermarkets in Lebanon in 1998 through a new flagship store in Dbayeh. As this success was tremendous, it led Spinneys to expand its branches and open... additional stores across Lebanon once again.
· Maintain sufficient amounts of change in cash drawer and ensure float is correct
· Keep register area neat and stocked with necessary supplies
· Ensure all items/purchases are scanned properly into cash register to calculate total purchase price
· Accept cash, bankcards, vouchers, foreign currencies for payment; complete check and bankcard transactions according to established procedure
· Count money properly and carefully, give change and issue receipt for funds received
· Handle cash in a smooth effective manner and ensure money collected is not fake
· Report to the concerned manager for any method of payment that requests the customer identification as per procedure
· Stay aware of all security issues by being alert and vigilant at all times
· Perform an effective handover with the next shift cashier
· Conduct a proper cashier closing and reporting at the end of the shift according to established procedure
· High school education preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience
· At least 1 year of experience in a related field Kfardebian Lebanon