REQUEST: Local Consultant to Support the OneHealth Tool Training... Kyrgyzstan Results for Development (R4D) is a leading non-profit global development partner. We collaborate with change agents around the world government officials, civil society leaders and social innovators to create strong systems that support healthy, educated people. We help our partners move from knowing their goal to knowing how to reach it. We combine global expertise in health, education and nutrition with analytic rigor, practical support for decision-making and implementation and access to peer problem-solving networks. Together with our partners, we build self-sustaining systems that serve everyone and deliver lasting results. Then we share what we learn so others can achieve results for development, too.
We have a unique and vibrant culture at R4D. Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our work environment and help advance our mission. Diversityof ideas, identities, perspectives and backgroundsis vital to who we are and what we do. We seek people who embrace... these values and will help reinforce them. Our work culture is collaborative, creative and entrepreneurial. We operate based on trust and respect. Teams across the organization frequently collaborate on programmatic work and support each other in continuously building a better R4D.
USAIDs Medicines, Technologies, and Pharmaceutical Services (MTaPS) Program helps low- and middle-income countries strengthen their pharmaceutical systems to ensure people have sustainable access to safe, effective, quality-assured, and affordable essential medicines, and to pharmaceutical services that ensure their appropriate use.
In 2020, MTaPS conducted a review of available costing tools for forecasting spending on pharmaceutical benefits coverage. The goal was to select the best approach to costing pharmaceutical benefits packages and detail how such estimations could be used to support UHC policy discussions. After appraising the costing tools and studies, MTaPS recommended applying the OneHealth Tool to support benefit package costing, pharmaceutical package costing, and forecasting.
The OneHealth Tool is a software tool designed to strengthen health system analysis, planning, costing and financing scenarios at the national level. The broad purpose of the tool is to assess public health investment needs in low and middle-income countries and inform the development of medium-term strategic plans for health sector planning. It incorporates epidemiological impact models to determine achievable health gains; combines both disease program-specific and health system-wide planning; and supports planning, costing, budgeting, impact analysis and financial space analysis all in one tool. It has incorporated several robust planning and costing tools widely in use by countries, including Marginal Budgeting for Bottlenecks (MBB), the Child Health Cost Estimation tool, and the FamPlan and the UNFPA Reproductive Health costing tool. OneHealth is publicly available through the IHP+ website: http://www.internationalhealthpartnership.net/en/tools/one-health-tool/
OneHealth can also be used to estimate the costs of a pharmaceutical benefits package. To support this application of the tool, the MTaPS program team will be offering a remote (virtual) training for selected participants in Kyrgyzstan. The training aims to i) build capacity in the use of the OneHealth costing tool for pharmaceutical benefit costing among selected Ministry of Health (MOH) staff, partner agencies, and identified potential consultants; ii) develop a pool of resource persons who can use the OneHealth costing tool to plan and cost their pharmaceutical benefits package as part of overall national health sector strategic planning.
MTaPS is seeking a consultant to locally support the OneHealth virtual training in Kyrgyzstan.
2. Scope of work
The scope of work for the consultant includes:
1. Assist MTaPS in identifying suitable participants for the training and convening participants for the live sessions throughout the training. 2. Assist MTaPS to adapt and finalize the training materials and exercises using Kyrgyz Republic-specific data on (for instance) HIV, TB, or maternal and newborn health 3. Facilitate the training along the MTaPS team, including synchronous meetings and group exercises on the basics of using the OneHealth Tool. The consultant will also facilitate the communication if there is need for translation/interpretation. a. Breakout group exercises using local data b. Primary facilitation of breakout group discussions c. Support facilitation of plenary sessions.
3. Period of Performance, expected Level of Effort (LOE), reporting
Period of Performance and LOE: May 24, 2021 to June 30, 2021. Payment will be based on invoices reflecting hours/days worked. Total number of days needed for this assignment should not exceed 15 days.
Reporting To: The consultant will directly report to the activity lead, Andre Zida.
Technical Manager: Laurel Hatt
1. Planning report/minutes (training preparation meetings with MTaPS team), including identified participants (approximately 3 days) 2. Training materials and exercises using Kyrgyz Republic-specific data (~5 days) 3. Training report with recommendations and next steps (~2 days) 4. Participation in live virtual sessions (~5 days)
5. Qualifications and Requirements
In order to perform the job well, the consultant will be required to have the following minimum qualifications:
· Masters degree in Economics, Public Health, Business, Public Policy. · Minimum of 5 years of proven experience designing, managing, and implementing costing activities using tools, preferably the OneHealth tool. · Knowledge of and experience working in Kyrgyzstan health system. · Ability to design and conduct knowledge & skill-building workshops and trainings · Ability to organize the own work with minimum supervision · Ability to write and prepare reports, training materials, documents and presentations · Fluency in English and Russian is required. · Due to COVID-19 travel requirements, the person must currently reside in the country
Results for Development is an EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled/Affirmative Action Employer committed to fostering and nurturing an energetic, collaborative and diverse workforce. R4D provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits Kyrgyzstan undefined undefined
REQUEST: Local Consultant to Support the OneHealth Tool Training... Kyrgyzstan Results for Development Kyrgyzstan